Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #259: Cabbage Patch Kids Bracelet

 Okay. Technically this isn't a doll. It's a piece of jewelry. But it's made up of tiny dolls. Besides, I'm still taking care of wedding stuff. I have several tubs of dirty dishes and a few boxes of dirty glasses to wash. I already washed  one tub of dishes and all the table runners and napkins, and put a bunch f stuff away.  I apologize for the lack of posts the last couple of days, but I misjudged the number of posts I was going to need to take me through the wedding, and came up one short. Then I unexpectedly was away the day after the wedding. Ken and I went to lunch with my cousin and aunt, who I hadn't seen for literal decades. We followed that up by going to pick up the car from the hotel, where Emma and AJ stayed the night of the wedding, before going to the airport the next morning. By then I was so sleepy, I had to take a nap before I could drive back. (No kidding. I was still sewing and finally showering until the wee  hours of the morning of the wedding. I went to bed at 6:30AM and got up at 8AM to go decorate the venue. Then we stayed and cleared up after the wedding and then had to load  a couple of cars with the stuff, and tote it upstairs. There was a porch full of stuff here when we got here too. Thank goodness for the boyfriend of Emma's friend and bridesmaid, who was staying with her other friend and bridesmaid who lives downstairs. He did most of the carrying upstairs. He was a lifesaver, because Ken and I were so tired and sore from being on our feet all day that it would have taken us years to get it all up there. I still had to condense stuff so we could get across the kitchen and get around in here, and start a load of laundry, before I could shower and go to bed. So I had gotten to bed about 5AM, and then got up at 10:30 to go to lunch with them. So I was exhausted. Glad to spend time with them, but exhausted.) Today I did all those dishes and washed and folded a thousand napkins and put more stuff away and washed and hung our wedding clothes...and dragged because of tiredness. So forgive me for giving you a doll bracelet instead of an actual doll. 

  This bracelet is a licensed Cabbage Patch item, I think.


It's an oldie, from the original era of Cabbage Patch Kids popularity.


  I mean, I can tell it's old, but I can't find one like it online. I can't see any familiar markings on it though.


But it does look like real Cabbage Patch Kids.


  There is a little metal tag with markings on it.  There's nothing that helps though.


That's it for today. Tomorrow will be something more solid and doll like. See you then.

4 comments:

  1. I've been on a Cabbage Patch kick myself lately. This bracelet is cute, and I notice that all of the little figures are redheads! Shoo, I bet you're glad that wedding is over! I hope you get to catch up on some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you give yourself one long night to just sleep through and get up when you want to. You definitely need to rest. I can't wait to see the photos!

    The bracelet is interesting. Was it made by the same company that made the dolls? I am wondering why there isn't a trademark on it somewhere. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some kind of marking on the metal tag, but it seems to be just numbers. They look like real Cabbage Patch, but since I can't find the same bracelet on line, I wonder if it's a rip off one.
      No fear. I have been sleeping about 7 hours a night. I'm still exhausted though.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.