Monday, September 4, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #239: Doll Show!

  Okay! We're finally getting to the 'meat' of the doll shows. We'll start with the first doll show, because, as you might remember, I went to two shows in two days. This one was more heavy on fashion dolls, although there were a few other types. The other show was more varied.

  One of the first things I saw at the first show was a Furga Alta Moda 'S Girl', Simona.



  Between the two shows I saw quite a few Crissy and family dolls by Ideal.

Kerry, Cinnamon, two Tressy's, and a Velvet. American Character, who made the fashion doll sized Tressy, sold the name and grow hair feature to Ideal.

  This little girl is Crumpet, made by Kenner in 1971. She's can serve tea and pass the plate of cookies...or crumpets. You can watch a commercial for Crumpet HERE.


  This guy is a one of a kind doll by Nini Momo,



This was a row of interesting ladies. You know, I still haven't seen the Barbie movie!


  This Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz was really good.


Her dress is very screen accurate, and she really looks like actress Margaret Hamilton, who played Miss Gulch, and The Wicked Witch. I think she's by Tonner.

  
A group of Tammy and family dolls, with lots of Peppers, Patti, Bud, and a stray Betsy McCall, at left, a random Effanbee Fluffy Girl Scout, and some passed out Madame Alexanders.



This set of three dolls features reproductions of  Malibu Barbie and friends.


  This big girl reminds me of a Uneeda doll I posted a few years ago. I'm not sure who made this girl. The little sailor is a Nora Wellings doll. 


Here he is with a crowd of girls. Oh those sailors!

Lots of Shirley Temples at the bottom, and I Love Lucy?

More Crissy and Family. You saw Posin Cricket, (in the orange and white checked dress), the other day.


  And this is another Tressy, I believe.


  A gaggle of Barbie clones. I think we have a Wendy or two, and a Polly on the right. My sister had a Polly. She got her one year when she had asked for a Barbie, and she always hated Polly. She thought she was so ugly. I have to say, this Polly is more attractive than the head that's left from my sister's Polly. I stuck it on a headless purse doll years ago, and it's still there..


  This is a cute little Skipper clone named Little Sister Candy. She looks like a tiny Tressy, even more than Cricket does. She didn't have a price, and I stood and waited to ask for ages before giving up. She'll probably be there next time. So many of the dolls at the shows come show after show.



  A Caco baby!

 Dawn with her friend Kip the majorette. My sister liked Kip.


Some Dawns with some Rock Flowers dolls. Rock Flowers dolls came with a record, and they could be attached to the record and spin around as it played. Ken's sister Gloria remembers being brought one by their American aunt when she came over to England to visit when Ken and Gloria were kids.


Funtime Barbie, much paler than her Malibu counterpart. It's much more fun to be pale and not get skin cancer! The Casey in front of her has rather long hair for a Casey. Either that, or it's just lost it's flip. My Casey has shorter hair, but her's is still flipped.


  I thought this Mitzi doll was quite pretty, especially for a Barbie clone from way back. 


Her colouring is beautiful, and she has dark auburn hair.


  I came across this Pos'n Tammy in her phone booth box. She stole Glamour Misty's arms. Oh well. They are nice arms. You can see my Pos'n Tammy HERE, and my Glamour Misty HERE.


  This Gene was wearing a great dress. I believe it was handmade.


This doll was a couple of couple of dolls over. I love her and her clothes. I think she's a newer Gene. I usually don't like them.
 

I'm not sure which this is.


This doll's dress looks like vintage fabric.


I like this Titanic Rose doll. She's wearing one of my favourite dresses from the movie, and she comes with loads of clothes. But my favourite part is the safe!



Truely Scrumptious, from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, (on the right), was made from Barbie's body, and Francie's head. 

The Peanuts dolls are Skididdlers, like Skididdle Kiddles. The blue thing in Lucy's back has wheels, and when you push it along her legs move in a walking motion. I have my childhood Skididdler Goofy, and he NEVER worked! 

Japanese Ken.


The rare Sears Exclusive Walking Jamie, from the Strollin' in Style gift set, from 1972. She also came with a yellow and blue ball, like Skipper's Country Picnic ball, and a white poodle. She used Barbie's head sculpt.


  Some vintage Barbie and family, including NOT number one Barbie, (This one has curly bangs, but rounded eyebrows.), and a pretty blonde flip Stacey. You can see my more TLC blonde flip Stacey HERE.
 

Some even more vintage dolls.


This one seems to have an oil cloth or rubber body. He's by Effanbee.




  A whole basket full of Tammy dolls.


  This Gene was really wonderful. I don't usually like unnatural hair colours on realistic dolls, but I loved this one.


She's Pierrette Masquerade Ball Gene, by Ashton Drake. 
 

And I thought I had all the Gene's I needed. Ha!


  Another doll I really like, Mary Englebreit's Ann Estelle, by Tonner.


  These two dolls on the left are souvenir dolls from the Kathe Kruse luncheon at the 50th United Federation of Doll Collector's convention.



  I swear I photographed these guys last time too.  They're Hogan's Heroes dolls by Sideshow.


  I remember when these came out. I considered getting one for my friend Lisa, who loves Hogan's Heroes, but I don't think I did in the end.

And that was the show. I didn't buy anything until I was leaving! I was good the whole time, and at the last minute I did buy a few things. I might not keep them all, but sell something to pay for what I'm keeping. We'll see what I bought in upcoming posts. See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us to the show with you. I had fun and I didn't have to spend a dime. Our club has a show coming up later this month. I hope I can say the same thing (laugh).

    I liked the Gene dolls. I think the two reclining Alexanders were vintage dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good luck not buying anything Dorothy! I think you might be right about the Alexanders,

      Delete
  2. Wow, that Alta Moda doll is something! I used to covet Jamie as well, but why worry about her when I've got Stacey and P.J., LOL? As usual, you saw some interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer Stacey, but I'd still take Jamie over PJ. Not that I don't like PJ. I do. But Jamie is better.

      Delete
    2. Awesome. I wish you had a way to contact the seller with the Jamie as I’d love to buy it. I haven’t been to a doll show in 10 years. It’s great to live through you on this. Happy fall!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    do you think a doll show will ever come to the New Jersey, or the New York area?
    I would also like see more dolls of color. :)

    Thank you for sharing your time at this great doll show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have posted quite a few dolls of colour. Check the sidebar for 'African American Dolls', 'Black Dolls', and 'Ethnic Dolls'. For show information, check out the Doll Show USA events page. Here are the New Jersey listings, but you can also try New York. https://www.dollshowusa.com/Events-NJ.html Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.