Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #260: Custom Black Panther

   Today's doll is sort of a one of a kind. He's Black Panther.


  I put this Black Panther together for my sister. He's a 12 inch figure. 

  His head is one of those rip off versions of a Hot Toys head, They look just as good, and the painting is amazing, but they can usually be obtained for about $30, whereas the actual Hot Toys figure is way over $100.




  The body of the original Hot Toys Black Panther has a rubber outfit, which allows the very posable figure to bend through the clothes. It look good, but I have read reviews that say it tears easily.  I couldn't afford to get my sister the actual Hot Toys figure, so I bought the rip off head, and a different Black Panther body that is very posable, but not nearly as expensive.



  This body comes from the Hasbro Legends series 12 inch figure. I got it second hand online. It still came with the masked head, and the unmasked head, and two extra sets of hands.


 It originally had a spear too, but we didn't get that. The body is really quite articulated. There are over 30 points of articulation, including the neck, shoulders, 2 upper arm joints, the elbows, wrists, upper body, waist...





...upper leg, knees, ankles,, and toes!



  To get the fake Hot Toys head on the neck knob of the Hasbro body, I had to dig out an attached insert in the head.


 It fits fine now, but my sister keeps it unattached. That makes it able to move and she can change it to the masked head if she wants. The unmasked head that came with the body isn't very good, especially compared to the Hoy Toys type head, which really does look like Chadwick Bosman, who played Black Panther.



It does sit on the neck a little weirdly from some angles, but from most angles it looks fine.



  That's it for today. I'm still sorting out wedding pictures, but I'll show you some soon. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Love the head. Not so sure about the body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a distinct difference in quality, but the real Hot Toys figure is over $300, so this will have to do!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.