Sunday, February 3, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #34: Holiday Visions Winter Fantasy Barbie...or is that the other way around?

   It was pointed out by one of our readers,(Thank you Dorothy.), that this is Black History Month. (Somehow I thought that was last month.) I was going to save this doll for December.around Christmas,but when I was reminded of that,(and since I need to have some posts done up ahead because I'll be busy the next few days!)I changed my mind. Today's doll is this beautiful lady.


She's Winter Fantasy Barbie.


She was the first released in the 'Holiday Visions Barbie' series. Or is that the other way around? Is it the Holiday Visions Barbie,from the Winter Fantasy series? The box doesn't really make that clear.


The box, which Ivy got out for me to show you, has really pretty silver trees in it.
 

You can even see them from the back of the box too, because there is a window in the back, as well as the front.




This is another one of Ivy's dolls,which she brought out for me before she left for college. I think she bought her at a doll auction.
 

She looks like a snow queen more than a Christmas doll.



 

She was released in 2003.



Ivy has kept her displayed in her box, so she still looks very nice.

Her dress is velvety, with faux fur trim and 'silver' jewelry.


Her medallion has Barbie's silhouette on it. Or, as Ivy used to say when she was tiny, a 'silver wet'.

She has a silver tiara and frosty eye shadow and lips.
Her belt is attached to her dress to make it hang in swoops.


The underskirt is lacey fabric flecked with silver glitter, making it look icy.




  That's all for today. Tomorrow we start a 'mini series'. See you then for another doll.

8 comments:

  1. She is lovely and yes, looks perfectly at home in the snow, so perhaps she really is a Snow Queen. I know that when I saw her I thought immediately of The Chronicles of Narnia :) And she has a beautiful skin tone too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful doll. She does look like a snow queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful! Perfect for photographing in the snow - she looks right at home there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does. I wish i had had a better background.

      Delete
  4. She has the Goddess head mold, doesn't she? That face always looks gorgeous, like this doll certainly is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,I think so. You're right. Always a beautiful doll.

      Delete
  5. Not fond of the purple lips, but I guess Snow Queens are exotic enough to get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was meant to be a frosty coating over pink lips, but yes, Snow Queens can do whatever they want!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.