Friday, February 22, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 # 53: Dolly Pops

  Today's doll is a little one. She's this Dolly Pops doll.



Dolly Pops were made in 1979 by Knickerbocker, better known for making Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls and other soft dolls. The dolls were plastic, with flat backs,and 'real' hair.


Their clothes were hollow plastic and snapped on to their bodies.



 This doll must have come with a smaller doll. She only fits the larger clothes,and there is a spot for a smaller doll in the double outfit.


There's even a bed for the smaller doll.


Tomorrow we'll look at more dolls.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this doll. She seems really familiar to me and brings a vague memory to my mind. I think I might have had a few of these dolls and their outfits/accessories when I was little. I would have been 4-5 yrs old in 1979, so the timing is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to me every now and then. I'll see something and think,"I used to have that!" I still have most of my stuff, so I have to wonder what happened to the things I don't remember my mom throwing away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is kind of like a paper doll doll. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s great that you still have most of your toys from childhood. Unfortunately I have very few of my childhood things. My parents and I moved overseas when I was 13, and most of our things were sold, donated, or thrown away. I did pack up my beloved old book collection and my collection of international tourist dolls that my dad had gotten for me whenever he traveled overseas for work. These boxes were stored in my aunt’s attic and returned to me when I was an adult, so I still have these items. None of my other childhood toys and things made the cut, so nowadays my memory of what toys I had as a kid can be pretty fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very tiny and quite cute!
    Another I've never heard of.
    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember these, but I am not sure if I had them or just saw the commercials. I hope someday you find the little one that goes with her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.