Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #51: Dancing Little Red Riding Hood and Her Mouse Friend

  This morning I had my shoulder pain again,and my back was killing me. So I was very achy today. Oddly enough, so was Ken. I asked him who beat us up in our sleep.
  The doll today is this little girl.


She's a doll from my childhood. Obviously she's Little Red Riding Hood.


She stands about 7" tall.


She came with her hood up, but I liked to put it down so she could see better. It's always been that way.


Her head turns, but with the hood up, if she turns her head she can't see because of the hood. I had a coat like that when I was a kid. It made looking out the window of the school bus a bit difficult.


I think she has a face similar to the Liddle Kiddles. 

How do these dolls that have been stored away in a box get so dirty?!
She has molded, painted hair, and a solid body with stationary arms and little nub feet.


She came with the little plastic goodies basket.
 

She even has a hand made specifically for holding it.



But why is she waving it in the air?


When I got her the basket was just a hollow block of plastic. But my sister cut it open for me so Red could carry things in it. My sister was always looking for some toy she could cut. You'll know this if you read my posts on my Beany doll,and my Swirl Barbie.
  Red is a 'dancing' doll. She has a crank in her back which winds a spring action inside her.



When she's wound the weight spins, causing her to shake and twirl when she's sat on a flat surface. I also have a mouse that 'dances' the same way. 




I got him when I was a kid because he was the closest thing I could find to Topo Gigio. 
 


If you don't remember Topo Gigio,or are too young,(or too old) to know who he is, you can go to my post on Topo Gigio HERE.


  Tomorrow we'll check out another doll.

2 comments:

  1. She is a cutie. It looks like she is waving her hand.
    Is that an Alexander box in the background? Just curious, I am a collector and it looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.