Saturday, February 16, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #47: Jewelry Box Pose Doll

  Today's doll is one I've had since I was quite small.


She's what is called a 'pose doll'.


She came atop a jewelry box.


I had asked for a jewelry box,imagining a beautiful wooden one,like my sister got one year. Instead I got one with cartoony flowers on it, and a pose doll that snapped on top.


Like a lot of Pose Dolls,music box girl was made in Japan.


Pose Dolls are usually made of stockingette covered wire armatures. You may have seen my previous posts which included Pose Dolls HERE, HERE,HERE,and HERE.
 


  I was pretty disappointed when I got this music box. I suppose my parents,(or, at least, my mom.),thought that since I was so little I was too young for a 'serious' jewelry box. This one is musical, and had a revolving plastic ballerina, the type that was very popular at the time, and for a long time afterward too.

The base of my ballerina got broken and now she won't stay on the little pin. She stood on the pin on top of that spring,and when the box was closed, she would bend over on the spring, out of the way.

My box plays "Oh What a Beautiful Morning", from "Oklahoma".


I always stored the girl inside the box, so she was protected. As I have said before, I was a pretty anal retentive kid.


Tomorrow we'll look at another doll.

4 comments:

  1. I just learned something new. I never heard of pose dolls before.
    I am going to ask the women in my local doll club about them. Someone made a presentation last year on half dolls. I had never heard of them before either.
    I love going to "doll school!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny little thing she is, quite interesting but she looks kind of bored with her job of protecting the jewellery in the box!! ;)
    It's great that she's in such good condition and still has her snaps to snap her in place.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, wait! Did you learn to love and appreciate her and to eventually be grateful that you got this kind of box instead of the other?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always loved her, and I did enjoy the box, but I still longed for a 'grown up' one like my sister had.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.