Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #44: Periwinkle

  I found today's doll at Goodwill on Monday. We had snow that day, but before we  got home it was getting dark. So taking a snowy picture had to be left for the next day. Of course, by then the snow had all been rained away. I had to wait until today to photograph her. Today we have snow again. Who knows what tomorrow will be like? This is Ohio. It could be 90 degrees tomorrow.
  Today's doll is one I have been wanting since I saw a review on The Toy Box Philosopher's blog, back in 2015. She's Periwinkle.


Periwinkle is Tinkerbell's twin sister.




The character Periwinkle appeared in the  Tinkerbell movie,"Secret of the Wings".
 

You can watch a trailer for the movie HERE. It's available for pay on YouTube too. 


  Periwinke is a Frost Talent fairy from The Winter Woods. So the snow is just her thing.


This is the Disney Store version of Periwinkle.

 

She has the jointed elbows,(But not  jointed wrists.), and bendable knees of the Disney Store dolls. In other words,she has soft legs that are a bit floppy. They don't seem as bad as some Disney Store dolls though.

Her arms swivel at the shoulders,so she can move them up and down and out to the sides.



There were other Periwinkle dolls made by Jakks Pacific. This Disney Store version is my favourite  though. I love her one sided smile and her glowing complexion.


 

Her outfit consists of her capri pants,(When I was a kid we called them 'pedal pushers'.),and her dress which looks like a leaf.





The white underskirt is made of feathers in the movie. I thought this one was feathers at first,but it's not. It's sort of hard to describe,but I guess the closest thing to call it would be frayed thread.


She should also have blue slip on shoes with white pom poms on the toes. That's the only thing missing from my doll. The amazing thing is that she isn't missing her wings. Most Tinkerbell and friends dolls that I find second hand are missing those. I think these wings aren't removable,which is why they are still here.
 

The wings, being a thin plastic,are usually bent or creased too. So finding her in such nice condition was real luck. Her wings actually flap,courtesy of the button on her back.



She has a strange hair style that looks kind of like a pod of garlic.



  That's the doll for today. Check back tomorrow for another one.

9 comments:

  1. I have this doll as well and she's so fun to pose in the snow. Great photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think this doll, and the red haired ones like Zarina and Rosetta are my faourite Tinkerbell friends.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty doll! I like her crooked grin also. Yes, pedal pushers. We said that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we're both old enough to remember pedal pushers! I still say that sometimes,and nobody knows what I'm talking about!

      Delete
  3. I think this one is cute and looks great in the snow. I love snow photos!
    She has a cute grin, I think I like her more than Tinkerbell...who incidentally, I didn't know had a twin sister!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I have found that doll 2 days ago in a charity shop. I had no idea who she was but she is so cute I had to take her home. I researched her on line of course and then I have found your blog. Mine is also missing her shoes (charity shops dolls often do!). Her wings were slightly bent at the top ends. I straighten them and it is hardly noticeable now. There is no glitter on her leaf dress and her "pedal pushers" have leaves stripes. Except for these details, it is the same doll. I suppose they make slightly different versions each year. It is my first fairy!! I absolutely love her. I will investigate all the Disney fairies now! lol I am absolutely delighted to have a fairy in my collection and a winter one ...
    Enjoy yours!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there were several versions of her. Disney tends to do one or two for the Disney Store, and then license to someone else to make their version too.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.