Monday, February 18, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #49: Connie's Collection: Ari Baby

  Today we're looking at another doll from my friend Connie's collection. It's this baby.




When I found him at the sale of Connie's dolls I took a particular liking to him. He has a certain something. Unfortunately that something wasn't clothes. 




He had to borrow some clothes. The shorts are vintage,and the shirt is from a tiny teddy bear. He is about the right size for the clothes from the tiny Baby Born dolls,but I couldn't find a shirt to go with the shorts I have.




I'm guessing he's from the 60's.  




He has these markings on the back of his head and on his back.




He's apparently made by Ari,of Germany. They made dollhouse size dolls,but this guy is a bit bigger than that. He's about 4 1/2" tall.


He can't stand on his own though.

  He almost looks like he could be related to the Littlechap family or some similar line of dolls.






 He makes a good size baby for dolls like Tammy.



He's made of a softish vinyl.


He even has a belly button.
His head,legs,and arms are a slightly different shade than his torso.



  He's jointed at the neck, shoulders,and hips.




There is molded detail in the front of his painted hair.





This little guy just has personality. I like him a lot.
 
Oh! He's in the cupboard again!



Tomorrow,check back for another doll.

6 comments:

  1. He's very cute, I really like him! And yes, he really does have personality.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put him back on the table several times, but I just kept picking him up again. in the end I had to buy him.

      Delete
  2. What a little cutie pie. He does seem to like the pots and pans. Maybe he will be a chef when he grows up or a musician (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. I got the idea for the pots and pans at the last minute,because I was planning to use the cupboard for another doll's photos and had stored the pans in there for the shoot.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yep! I kept telling myself I didn't need him, but he was calling my name.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.