Monday, February 11, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #42: Twist N Turn Skipper in Hopscotchins,and the Barbie Country Living Home

  Today's doll is this pretty girl.


She's Twist and Turn Skipper.


This Skipper has bend legs,and a twist and turn waist.


She's hanging out in and around the Barbie Country Living Home.


This version of Skipper first appeared in 1968.



Twist and Turn Skipper came as a blonde, ash blonde, brunette, and red head(titian).


The next year her hairstyle was changed to 'sausage curls. I think the face is subtlety different too. I think the straight haired dolls are much prettier. In fact, they are my favourite Skippers.


These dolls have rooted eyelashes,and many of them are high colour dolls, with very rosy cheeks.



The Barbie Country Living Home was made in 1969. You may have seen this one before,when I got it at a flea market.The lady who owned it tried to sell it to me.I wasn't going to take it,and she kept lowering the price. in the end she gave it to me with the other things I was buying. She was moving and didn't want to take it with her.



It came with the original couch,which Skipper is sitting on above. She's wearing a Skipper fashion called Hopscotchins,also from 1969.


 

Hopscotchins consists of the striped shirt,green shorts,pink and yellow plastic belt,and royal blue flats.




The Barbie Country Living Home folds open into a two room house,with bedroom and living room.The front door opens. Most of the decor is printed on the walls,but the house did originally come with a table and two chairs,a plastic bed,a couch,and  chair,and a side table. Mine was missing the chair and the side table.


The outside of the house is printed with windows and shrubs,a trellis,flowers on the window sills, and on the back,there's garden hose.




  That's it for today. See you again tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Cute doll and cute outfit. I love the story of the lady giving you the house. She knew it was meant for you (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she definitely knew it wasn't meant to move house with her! It got me a deal though!

      Delete
  2. I like this one, she's very pretty and her hair style is nice. I also like the outfit, it reminds me, colour-wise, of a dress I have for Barbie, it's from my childhood and the dress is falling apart but I still keep it. Anyway, it has the same colours in it...and I remember it looked very cute on my one and only Barbie!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice you still have it.Do you still have the doll?

      Delete
  3. Lovely Skipper! I have gotten great deals on larger Barbie cases, houses and structures at shows and conventions for that very reason--sellers didn't want to ship or haul them home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.