Saturday, June 10, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #153: Evening Elegance Barbie

   Today's doll has a bit of significance to me, and Ken. She's Evening Elegance Barbie.



  Evening Elegance was from 1992, Barbie's crazy popular era, when everybody seemed to be collecting Barbies. It's also the point where I persuaded Ken that we could make a little money selling dolls. And this doll in particular was one of note, because she was in fact the first doll we ever sold. 


 At the time, stores all wanted their own exclusive Barbie. Evening Elegance was a J.C. Penney exclusive.


She had a shimmery wrap thing, and a veloury dress. I suppose it was supposed to look velvety.



  Today's doll was supposed to be the other one I bought yesterday. I decided to give her the few touch ups she needs first, so I can show her to you in all her glory. So then it was going to be another Raggedy doll from yesterday's sale. I went back with my sister to rephotograph the lady's stuff, since my phone did me dirty yesterday and didn't take all the pictures I thought I was taking. Well it did it to me again! So then it was going to be a little guy I have here for one reason or another. Well, I ended up spending time with Emma and AJ, and didn't get him photographed before it got dark. So that was out. So I had to rely on pictures on my computer. Sorry about their blurriness! Back to normal tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.