Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #157: Scott

  Today's doll isn't particularly well known. He's Scott.


That's Skipper's Boyfriend Scott.  He was Skipper's boyfriend in 1979.


He was your typical 70's 'active super teen-always ahead of the crowd'. As proof of this, he comes with roller skates, shorts, jeans, sneakers, and one of those jackets everybody had in the 70's. (Even I had a form of that jacket. Shut up.)



And one giant head of hair.


What's so special about Scott? Skipper seems to have dumped him after one year. Well, his head sculpt was used for only that one doll. It's never been used again.

Not that that's a bad thing.

I know he looks a lot like Ken. What can I say? I guess Skipper and Barbie have the same taste in men. Scott is from the same line of dolls that included Super Teen Skipper. (She was a 'super teen' too!) That was  a Skipper with a very short lived head sculpt, and thank goodness for that. There are people who dislike the big head skipper dolls with the anime eyes, but at least they weren't ugly.

  I didn't have a camera with me and Ken took these with his phone. I know they leave a lot to be desired.


  Scott was shorter than Ken, about 10 or 11 inches tall to Ken's 12. But then, he was to match up with Skipper, who was shorter than Barbie.
  That's the doll for today. I have to get up early tomorrow to take Emma to have her stent removed from her recent gall bladder ordeal. but I'll see you at some point tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck to Emma! As I've said before my mom and I know what that gallbladder mess is like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did fine. They took the stent out through her throat!

      Delete
  2. I... I... I *love* the Super Teen Skipper face... I have Western Skipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do say there's somebody for everybody. I'm sure she's popular with a lot of people. I'm just not one of them.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.