Sunday, June 18, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #160: Erna Myer Boy

   Okay, I'm another day behind. I didn't have a chance to photograph anything yesterday, and I couldn't use photos I already have, because thanks to updates on my computer, most of my photos now aren't showing up! I can't tell what's what or where, because a lot of them weren't named. They are just numbers. So I have no idea what they are unless I click on each one. And I have thousands of photos. So I am now 9 days behind for the year, and trying to catch up! 

  In other news, Happy Father's Day! Ken has to work, as usual, but he'll be home for celebrating with us later. I always loved this picture of Ken and Ivy at the zoo when she was little.


My dad is gone, but he would have been 100 years old on Wednesday. This is one of my favourite pictures of him, from Emma's third birthday party.

Three generations, Dad, me, and Emma.

  Tammy World is missing her dad, so she wanted to post one of her favourite pictures, of her with her dad, Wally.


She also thought you might enjoy this Father's Day photo story from a previous Father's Day with the World family.

  Now on to today's doll. This little guy is an Erna Myer doll.


  Erna Myer, founder of the company bearing her name, began making dollhouse dolls in 1945  You may have seen my post on my Erna Myer dollhouse lady HERE. In that post you can earn more about Erna Meyer and how she started her company. You can visit the Erna Meyer website and watch a film about the company HERE. It is in German, but you can watch the pretty pictures if you don't speak the language!

  This little boy is about 3 inches tall. with bendy legs and arms. His legs look not so much thread wrapped as bandage wrapped.

And spongey bandages at that.

I think earlier dolls had lead feet, but this guy has plastic feet. Dollhouse Lady, which you can see in the above linked post, has cloth feet.

  He's seen better days. His hair is thin and he's a bit dirty. 


  But he's quite cute.


He is obviously a later one because he has a polyester outfit, and a polyester face.


  Check out the next post, (also posted today!) to see his sister. And I'll see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.