Thursday, June 15, 2023

Doll-A-Day 203 #158: Tressy

   Yes. I've done Tressy before. You've seen my childhood Tressy, my beautiful brunette Tressy, and my blonde Tressy. But you've never seen this one, and she's gorgeous.


  You have actually seen her before, She had a cameo in one of my doll show posts.


She's on the left.

She has the most beautiful alabaster complexion, and red lips. All the other Tressy dolls I've seen have sort of a pink complexion, but this girl is very fair.


 She just hasn't gotten featured until now. I was so taken with her at the doll show. I circled back around to consider her several times. I kept thinking, I don't need another Tressy. And I have two Tressys with this hair colour already. but she was so pretty, and unlike any other Tressy I've ever seen. In the end, I broke down and bought her.
 

  The blue and white dress she was wearing when I bought her was nice, but I took it off to wash it, and it's somewhere at the house. So she is wearing an outfit that was stored with my vintage Tammy, Barbie, and Skipper collection in the Room of Water.


I would have thought it was homemade, but I have two of the dresses. (But only one bolero jacket.) They are slightly different in size though. It would be nice if the smaller one could be cut down small enough to fit Cricket. Then they could match.
 

  The other thing about this Tressy is, she has the silkiest hair I've ever seen on a Tressy.



  If I had my fine tooth comb I could have made it look even nicer.



  Her grow hair feature is intact.


I've mentioned this before in my Tressy post, but Tressy's growing hair was invented by a furniture designer.

Her only 'flaw' is that her lipstick doesn't line up perfectly with her lip sculpt.

But then, neither does some real people's.


She has her belly button, which releases the hair to be pulled longer when it's pushed.


And there's the keyhole in back to wind it back in.


  She is s different looking, that for a while I considered that she might be a European Tressy. She does have the American Character stam though, even if some of her hair is rooted through it.


She is probably tied with my brunette as the prettiest Tressy I have. (Apologies to my childhood Tressy!)


  Tressy was always sort of a step beneath Barbie. But I think this one gives Barbie a run for her money.

As usual, I'm short on shoes.

  Here are a few more pictures: because she's so pretty, and because I currently have to take multiples of every pose to get one in focus, because my autofocus is still not working.





She does look a little suspicious.



  That's the doll for today. Come back tomorrow to see what else I come up with.  

3 comments:

  1. Let's face it: you can never have too many of Tressy. She's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Great hair color. Had I seen her at a doll show, I would have grabbed her also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.