Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #156: Cabbage Patch Pin-Ups Boy

   Today's doll is one I swear I posted before. But I can't find him anywhere, so here he is today. He's obviously a Cabbage Patch doll.

That screw at the bottom looks like a donut. Throws me every time I see it.
                        I must be hungry.

  What may not be obvious at first is that he's a mini doll. He's a Pin-Ups doll.


He's 5 inches tall.


 He would have originally been in a plastic frame that could be hung on the wall. This little guy's frame had a barn scene inside, and a little stuffed chicken.

He's supposed to be 'a friend for you and your Cabbage Patch Kid'. The frame can be hung on the wall or stood on your dresser. Like all Cabbage Patch Kids, he came with his 'very own name', but he also had 'a secret about (his) favorite place'.

There were several Pin-Ups produced in 1983. I posted one HERE



He has Velcro on his back that is for holding him in his frame.


  I had this one in the frame at one time, but he was sold. I regretted it for ages, but then I found this guy. I don't mind not having the frame. I'm glad to have him though. He's so cute, how could I resist him? And he's the only boy Cabbage Patch mini that I have. All my others are girls.


  As small as he is, he has stitched in fingers.



His shirt is part of his body. I'm guessing his bibbed overalls are removable, but I haven't tried.


  As you can see, he has rooted yarn hair and the typical Cabbage Patch face.


  That's the doll for today. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to be able to get a post up today. My computer was freezing up. I had to shut it completely down and restart it several times. It finally started working properly again. It's been running really slowly, and freezing up a lot lately. I must have a virus. I'm going to have to do something about that. anyway, I'll see you again tomorrow, even if I have to borrow Ken's computer to do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.