Sunday, June 11, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #154: Baby Ruth Beans

   Today's doll is one I took because the dealer (I suppose) had placed it on the shelf  in what I thought was a funny position, staring down a duck toy.  She's a Baby Beans doll.

I think the duck is more than ready to concede the staring contest to Ruth.


She's actually Baby Ruth, like the candy bar.


She was produced in 1971. The Baby Beans dolls were very popular in that era, and there were loads of them. In fact, the line ran from 1970 to 1984. That's a lot of beans. You can see another 'beans' doll, Biffy Beans, in the picture below.


Baby Ruth Beans' slogan was "I'm the sweetest Little Girl You've Ever Seen". I don't think the duck would agree with that. 
   The Baby Beans dolls were about 10 inches tall, with vinyl faces, and soft bodies. They got their names from the fact that their butts were filled with 'beans', so they would sit. The reason Baby Ruth has the attitude she's showing is because her stuffing is worn out and she has become too floppy to sit up straight.
  I have posted other Baby Beans and the like dolls. You can see Storybook Beans, Shoe Baby Beans, and Mama and Baby Beans, and  Lil Drowsey Beans in their respective posts.
  See you tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.