Thursday, June 22, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #165: Furga Girl

   Today's doll is a pretty girl.



She is made by Furga, an Italian company founded in 1872, and best know for their Alta Moda 'S Girls' series of dolls in the 1960's. I don't know what this dolls name is.

This doll has a very typical Furga face.

She has the Furga logo on the back of her neck.

I'm not sure what the intention was with the big indented circle on her back.


She apparently had the sides of her hair glued to her face. I suppose that was to maintain the look of her hair style. But it left a lot of glue residue in her hair, and on her face. It seems fairly easy to remove though.


Furga Alta Moda dolls have almost furry eyelashes. Sort of thick thread lashes. This girl seems to have similar lashes. There's weird glue on them too. Maybe someone tried to replace missing lashes. I found a site that discusses replacing those missing famous Furga lashes, with fringy yarn! What a great idea! You can see how they suggest doing it HERE


She even has some glue in her eyes, but it is very dry and wipes out. Notice she has decal eyes like some of the Chatty Cathy doll family.


She also has a very Furga mouth.


  Her hair is very full and combs nicely. 
 

She still has a lot of curl in the back of her hair, which reminds me that I forgot to photograph it!


Her face paint is nice. She is quite blushy. I love her natural looing lips.


Furga doll usually have this complexion somewhere between pink and suntanned. Sun kissed maybe.


She only has five points of articulation, so she can turn her head left and right, move her arms back and forth, and sit down.


She's about 15 inches tall, which is a bit shorter than the S Girls.


She has a terry cloth striped dress, or long blouse, a blue skirt, and red shiny boots.





I'm pretty sure this is her original outfit. Those are definitely Furga boots.


Her nails are painted. I think it's original because it matches her lips.


I think if she were blonde she would look a little like Charo.






  Why is  Charo showing up on this blog again?

  That's today's doll. See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe Charo keeps showing up because she's awesome? LOL, I like her so I'm a bit biased. I love Furga dolls, and this one is a particularly pretty one. Her little face is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Charo is like Rodney Dangerfield. She don't get no respect. Talented lady. As for the Furga, as Unsentimental Niece would say, "Ya want this?" She has to go.

      Delete
    2. Nuts, do you still have her? If so, then yes, I want her. If not, don't worry about it! LOL

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.