Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #273: Horsman Doll

  I got this doll at the toy show the other day. I have no idea who she is, as I looked her up on the Horsman doll identification page, and I couldn't find any doll exactly like her. But here she is.

She's about 14 inches tall.

She does say Horsman on the back of her neck.


  Her face has some damage There's a nick in the colour on her nose, and her eyebrows have apparently been drawn on with black marker.


Those eyebrows look like they'll be easy to remove.

  She ha sleep eyes with brush lashes.


And she has teeth. They are a bit off center though. 


She's strung, and jointed at the neck, shoulders, and hips. Her little knees are blushed.

Her undies have a built in short slip.

 Her hair is mostly in it's original set. It's a bit surprising her hair is in such good condition, considering how dirty and worn her face is. It's a nice colour too, sort of a dark auburn.




It's full of hairpins.



What a beautiful colour! That's the red I would have loved my hair to have been.

  I think her dress is homemade. It's a pretty good job, but I can tell from the stitches that hold the rhinestone straps on in the inside. (They are rhinestones, but they have darkened.)


Her dress does have a built in underskirt. She's also wearing undies.


  She seems worth saving. Think how cute she'd be with her face washed, new eyebrows, and her nose nick fixed, her hair tidied, and a cute little dress.


  She was in a box under the dealer's table, along with some more boring dolls and light fixtures and stuff. The dealers kept coming over and saying, "$8. The dolls in those boxes are $8." That's not bad, but you can't fault someone for trying! So I said, "Would you take 5?" He immediately came back with "Six." Done and done.   

  If anybody knows who she is, please leave a comment. See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Whatever you do, DON'T USE WATER TO WASH HER!!!!! She'll peel and craze and fall apart. Otherwise she's definitely worth saving. Horsman dolls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's hard plastic, not compo. She should be okay.

      Delete
  2. She does look like she might have been glamorous in the past.

    I don't know who she is but I will ask someone in my local club. There is a Facebook group that identifies dolls. I don't have FB so I don't know who it is. I will find out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.