Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Doll-A- Day 2023 #280: Dark Brunette Skipper

   I discovered today that I have been misnumbering my posts for the last ten days or so! It happens every time I do a year of daily dolls. At some point I mess the number up and continue on with the wrong numbers! At least I caught it this time before it had gone on for months! I am still ten days behind for the year, and I do still intend to catch up. But we're coming into what is always a busy time of the year for me anyway, writing Christmas cards, wrapping presents, making presents, etc., and this year we'll also be back at the house trying to get things straightened around. So we'll be extra busy. We should be getting the windows back in soon, and the house rewired, and then we'll be there, trying to get the house back in order, scrubbing soot off the walls, washing up all the bedding and clothes that got smoked, scrubbing down my ENTIRE LIFE that was blackened by smoke, and ripping up the carpet on the landing and stairs. I have a brand new carpet standing in a corner in my bedroom, that was going to go in the living room, but it may be too blackened now to put down. We'll have to see. I might also have to strip my wallpaper. That's another thing we'll have to see about. If I have to do that, I don't know what I'll do. I hate to just paint the walls. I wanted a bedroom with rose wallpaper ever since I was a kid, when my sister had a bedroom with rose wallpaper. (I also coveted her four poster bed and matching chest, and I have those now too. The bedroom of my dreams, up in smoke, so to speak.) Wallpaper is way too expensive for me now. I don't think I could afford to wallpaper  a bedroom any more. Anyway, we'll see.

  Hey! Good news though! You might remember I've been having trouble with my shoulders for months. My right one wasn't nearly as bad as the left one, and has been okay for quite a while now. The left one was still terrible, but slightly better. But I woke up Monday morning and it was BETTER! I thought it had been popping back into the socket before, but was easy to pop back out again, and very sore. I think it must have not been popping back in all the way, and/or that maybe there was a nerve pinched or something. This time it's really in, and only slightly sore in the muscle where I have been using it weirdly because normally hurt. There doesn't seem to be a pinched nerve or whatever any more either. Everything must have gone back into place, I don't know what I did. It's been good for a couple of days now, although I am being a bit easy on it to make sure it doesn't pop out again. I am trying to exercise it though, to make sure it doesn't stiffen up again.

  Today's doll is the last one I got at the recent doll shows. She's a bend leg Skipper.


 I hadn't bought a Skipper for quite a while. I  was trying to be good, because I figured I had enough Skippers. Well, I do. But this one has very dark brunette hair...is that black?


  She needs her eyebrows touched up, but I've done that before. But this hair colour is pretty rare, and I only have one Skipper with this colour.


  I got her for only $7, because she has a few pin marks in her ankles, and what seems to be some hair missing. I don't think it's hair loss though. I think she just needs her part rewoven. I have done that before, but I hate it. It's really aggravating.


  I'll do it though. I'll show her to you again when I do.

  That's the doll for today. See you again tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Heck, you never have enuff vintage Skippers! She's got such a sweet face. I'm glad to hear your shoulder is better too; I'll cross my fingers that it behaves better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weeeeelllll, I'm pretty sure I do! https://planetofthedolls.blogspot.com/2014/04/doll-day-100-day-of-100-dolls.html

      Delete
  2. I am so glad your shoulder is better! Just take it easy.

    I am happy that you found a doll that you like. I just have Barbie, no Ken (there was no Ken when I got Barbie - at least I don't think so) and no relatives, just Barbie Number 3 all by herself. Wait, I do have Katharine Johnson from Hidden Figures (Inspiring Women Series) so I guess I kind of have another Barbie but don't really think of her as a "Barbie."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken came out in 1961, two years after Barbie. I don't really consider the Katherine Johnson a Barbie either. I have her too.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.