Friday, October 20, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #283: Lexi

  Today's doll is one I got at the bin store a while back. She cost me a whole dollar. I was going to open her and use her for a post, but I really didn't want to keep her. Then  I thought that I shouldn't open her, because then I can donate her to a Christmas toy drive. So, we're going to look at her through the plastic. Sorry. She's Lexi, from The Fresh Dolls, by World of Epi.





She is very pretty. in fact, she's 'brought to you by positively perfect'. 


She has gold earrings and beautiful eyes.


  She's fashion doll sized. Her head is a bit larger than, say, a Barbie's, but I wouldn't call her a big head doll, like a Bratz or an Ever After High, or Rainbow High doll. She's still within the realistic range.
  

  Her outfit is simple. She has a three quarter length sleeved turtle neck blouse, and a rather stiff looking skirt. i didn't photograph the evidence, but I can tell you that she has no underwear, 'not even of any kind', to quote "The Importance of Being Ernest". She doesn't even have painted on underwear. She does have jointed elbows though.


And jointed knees.


She has long brown hair. It looks like it might be a bit thinly rooted. But she's not an expensive doll, even if you don't get her at a  bin store. She normally costs about $12.


  Finishing off her outfit, she comes with red heels.


The info about the Fresh dolls is officially as follows:

  • We create a diverse line of multi-cultural Dolls (African American, Afro-Latina, Latino/Hispanic, Caucasian, and mixed-race/biracial) loved by children of all ages
  • Our sculpts are one-of-a-kind pieces of art, with unique facial features, custom blended skin tones, various hair textures, and bodies more representative of real women
  • This doll comes brand new in the box, waiting to be loved
  • All fresh dolls stand approximately 11.5 inches tall (29.5 centimeter), not including the hair, and they can bend and pose with articulated joints at the knees, hips, shoulders, and elbows. The head can tilt and turn from side to side.
  • All fresh dolls have soft, washable hair

  The Fresh Dolls are the invention of a lady named Dr. Lisa. Here's what the back of Lexi's box says about the Fresh Dolls.


There are several Fresh Dolls in the line, and there have been fashion packs too.


There are some very interesting looking dolls here. This is the 2020 line, according to the copyright on the box.


  That's today's doll. There will be another one tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. What an interesting line of dolls. I don't know about them. I am going to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've seen them other places. I think Walmart and Target have, or had them. My favourites on the back of the box are the guys and the red head and purple haired girls, and this one.

      Delete
  2. Such a cool find! I'm kind of pleased that the "real" The Fresh Dolls head mold looks the same as what my Simply Fresh (collab between TFD and Family Dollar) "Kylie" has (and I love it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up the Simply Fresh dolls, and it looks like some of them have the same skirt as this girl too. The main difference seems to be the plastic bodice. Is that part of the doll, or removable?

      Delete
    2. The plastic bodice is part of the doll and extends into underwear. While she looks thin, she wears about the same size as Curvy Barbie. I've been debating how to make dresses for mine, as if one isn't careful, the bodice looks like lingerie. I've considered rebodying mine, since the Simply Fresh line wasn't articulated.

      Delete
    3. Probably easier to rebody her if the bodice can't be hidden under clothes. But what if the head on the new body is just as pretty? I have been looking for a very fair Made to Move body for Tammy World's mom for years, because I don't want to take the head off my Made to Move girl. I like her the ways he is. I finally got one though. And I don't care for the new head, so I'm set.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.