Friday, October 6, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #269: Baby Sisters Doll

  Today's doll is a tiny one. She's a Baby Sisters doll.


  She was made by Blue Box, as far as I have been able to learn, in the late 80's or early 90's.


  The Baby Sisters are small dolls, about the size of the Uneeda Pee Wees. The dolls came in a round cannister package that included four dolls. They were cheap dolls, with the cannister of four selling for around $4. Still, they have rooted hair and actual clothes. Each set of sisters all had the same face, but different hair colours and styles. Some of the dolls had curly hair. The sisters also had totally different dresses, in different fabrics and colours, and even different styles. This doll is wearing her original dress. There seems to have been more than one series of the dolls, as I have seen others in the cannister, with different head sculpts than this one.

  I had a different doll planned from yesterday when I didn't post it. I had some other stuff to do today, and although I wasn't as tired today, I haven't felt great. So you got this girl. See you again tomorrow for another doll, but at this pint i don't know which one!

  

2 comments:

  1. I am going to look on Google for these dolls. I am fascinated that they came in a set of 4. I know they were sisters but I wonder if children made them school mates or neighbors or something when they played with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.