Tuesday, October 31, 2023

-Doll-A-Day 2023 #294: Chelsea Can Be...Rock Star

   Today we're looking at another doll I found for $1 at the bin store. There were loads of these, and nobody seemed to want them. At one point I had loads of them in my bag, but I gave all but one to another lady. She's going to be donated to a toy drive too. She's Chelsea  Can Be....


  There was a whole line of the Chelsea Can Be... dolls, which included a scientist, a teach, and Olympic ice skater, a pizza chef, a business woman/boss, a builder, and a pilot. Nice to see that since her big sister was relegated to 'airline hostess', that Chelsea has advanced to pilot.
  But this Chelsea is a Rock Star. And she has the blue hair to prove it.


She comes with some rock star sunglasses, shaped like stars, a microphone and stand, a pair of headphones,(with cat ears!), and a couple of VIP tickets to give out to those who grovel enough.


Those headphones have some nice detail.


And, of course, she ha a guitar.


  The task is now finding somewhere to donate these toys I've been picking up. 

  See you again tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie doll. The price was certainly right.

    You can donate items to Toys For Tots. You might also check with your local fire engine company. The folks there might be gathering toys for the needy. If there is a Ronald McDonald's House, you can donate toys to the siblings of the children who are receiving care. And finally, there might be a homeless shelter that will take donations. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I used to donate toys and stockings to Turning Point, for battered women and children who had to flee bad situations. In a way I feel like I should donate them in an African American community, since the dolls are mostly AA, and around here, people who aren't, usually don't buy dolls that are. And this, and the town we live in, are pretty White. Dolls of colour don't usually sell well in most of the paces around here. A lot of places don't even stock them! I hate to feed racist situations, but I want them to actually go to somebody who needs them, and not get thrown out because the parent, or the kid, doesn't want a doll of colour. When I was a kid I had dolls that weren't White, and my kids did too. But a lot of people around here would never think of buying the non-White doll. Luckily we're close to some more diverse towns.

      Delete
  2. These remind me of the Kelly dolls that were thicker than a whale blubber sandwich when I was a kid. They were so affordable that Daddy would let me have two or three at a go. They were hella cute, but they didn't have all these awesome accessories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was this when they still came in boxes? They sometimes came with one little thing, like a sailboat, or a duck, or a cardboard Christmas ornament or stick horse. They were cheaper, but everything was then, right?!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.