Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #127: Beyonce'

  Today's doll is this beautiful lady.
 

She is,of course, Beyonce'.


This doll was made by Mattel in 2005.


She was one of three dolls in a series,the other two being the other members of Destiny's Child,Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.


This is actually the second Beyonce' doll.
 

The first Beyonce' doll was from the first set of Destiny's Child dolls,made in 2001 by Hasbro.
 

I have to say, the Beyonce' from that first set of dolls doesn't look like her at all. The Beyonce' from the second set of Destiny's Child dolls has a pretty good head sculpt that actually looks like her. I've seen some repaints that are even better. But the other two dolls in the set didn't even get their own head sculpts. 


They just got stuck with a couple of used Barbie head sculpts.


They all have a standard Barbie body of the era,with articulation at the neck, shoulders, and hips,and click bend knees.
 
 

The arms do have a ball joint,so they can swivel and are more posable.
 

My Beyonce' is second hand, and she was missing that fancy pink gown she came in. So she's settling for this right now.




She does have her original earrings though.


Her long hair is made up of multiple shades, for a realistic colour.



She has rooted eyelashes.




  That's the doll for today. See you again tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. This doll is new to me. I say that most of the time. But, hey, that's why I am taking this class (laugh).

    This doll is pretty. I agree, she looks more like Beyonce than the first doll. I like the dress you have on her. The earrings are divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me curious Dorothy. What dolls do you collect?

      Delete
    2. I collect Madame Alexander 8 inch dolls. I have some Little Darling dolls and Boneka dolls (by Dianna Effner). I just got two Gotz Happy Kidz girls. I have a few 18 inch dolls: Magic Attic, Stardust/Just Pretend, Key To My Heart, Journey Girl, Our Generation and Lotus.
      My childhood dolls that I still have are Barbie (I think #3), Chatty Cathy, and Kissy.
      The other dolls I remember having as a child were Tiny Tears, Betsy Wetsy, and Ricky Jr. (from I Love Lucy).

      Delete
    3. I love Dianna Effner dolls! I envy you your Little Darlings and Bonekas! I do like Journey Girls too. I have a couple of those.

      Delete
  2. Through all of this post, I couldn't help thinking that she looks like what would happen if Beyonce had a baby with Donatella Versace! . . . Still a way better likeness than the Hasbro one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Pre or post plastic surgery Donatella Versace?!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Dorothy and like her I am always saying that your dolls are new to me! I haven't seen this one before but she's pretty and her hair looks a nice shade.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of your dolls are new to me too. That's good though, because we can learn from each toher.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.