Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #147: Napoleon and Surprise! 5 Surprise Mini Brands at Last!

  I had an exhausting day today. Ken and I did almost all the yard work that has needed done all spring today.We took care of the overgrown yard,I pulled all the major weeds behind the patio area,and we both took turns raking, sweeping,and clearing up the crap that had gathered on the patio all winter. Now I need to finish pulling weeds and tidying up the flower beds,and trim the bushes and cut the dead limbs out of the trees..
  After all that was done,Emma and her boyfriend,and Fuzz and his girlfriend came over, (and Ivy actually came outside!), and we had a cookout and played Cards Against Humanity until we got rained out.
  Yes, I finally got some 5 Surprise Mini Brands! Ken made the score last Thursday or Friday. We'll get to that in the second half of the post. First of all, today's doll. He's not from the yard sale where I got the last two dolls you saw. I got it the same day, but at another yard sale. He's this guy.


He's a Napoleon Dynamite Pop Vinyl.




He's from the Pop Vinyl Pop! Movies series.


He seems to be in the middle of one of  his dance moves.




He has his glasses,which are actually a separately molded piece,and really have lenses.




He still wants you to Vote For Pedro.
 

Of course, Napoleon wouldn't go anywhere,(except to the dance.),without his snow boots.


In the commentary on the Napoleon Dynamite DVD,creator Jared Hess said that  he gave Napoleon the snow boots because he and his brother used to wear them, all year,in all weather,because they thought they looked cool.
 

 They borrowed the boots Napoleon wears in the film from one of the crew,who wasn't aware of it. By the end of filming, the boots were worn out.
  The figure is pretty good, but it's a Pop Vinyl, so it's missing one of the components it almost has to have to be Napoleon Dynamite: an open mouth.

 

  My sister kept on to me to watch "Napoleon Dynamite" for ages,  telling me how funny it was. She usually thinks a lot of things are hilarious that aren't,so I was wary. Besides, I have to be in the mood for a movie,and if I'm pushed to watch something, I don't want to anyway. But I eventually watched it,and I loved it. All the characters at the school reminded me of people I went to school with.
  And now on to the Mini Brands! Ken found 10 5 Surprise Mini Brands balls last week.


He brought them all home to me,with the understanding that I would take what I really wanted and try to recoup some of the loss by selling off my spares and rejects. So Here are the ones Tammy World and I couldn't do without.


I was really hoping for the Hellman's mayonnaise,the Q-Tips, the Breyer's ice cream,the baby wipes,and the Knorr's rice.


 Ken couldn't understand why I thought these were so great. Look at them! They even have all the print on the back!


Breyer's was the only ice cream we bought for the kids when they were small, because it was all natural.


 We are a family of Q-Tippers. Everybody but Ken, that is.
 
The Barbasol is a bit big for 1/6 scale,but for now at least, I'm keeping it.

 I only eat Jif peanut butter,but they didn't do a Jif. I also am anti-Skippy after what I learned doing that Skippy doll post,but what can you do? Maybe in the doll world the peanut butter guy wasn't such a jerk.


I would rather have had Hershey's, my preferred brand of chocolate syrup, but I can deal with the Bosco. If it had been Fox's U-Bet though, that might have been a deal breaker. That stuff is pretty gross.


The shampoo is a little big too, but not too bad.


I love those Magnum bars,we do use Kikkoman's sometimes, and the others around here drink a lot of tea.
  I got three shopping baskets,two shopping carts,and one shelving unit. Made to Move is showing you the size.


That means that 4 of the balls didn't have anything but the mini brands products. I would have liked that better anyway, but I thought every ball had at least one of the non-products. I will probably only keep the shopping baskets. They are a little small for 1'6 scale, but pretty close.


As for the stuff I was willing to give up,so I could keep what I wanted:








I had a few doubles, and one triple.


I actually got two of the rare items,the sparkly box of Dum Dums, and the sparkly canister of WarHeads.



So this stuff is going. I have t sort out how I should group it for sale. Any suggestions?
 

  That's all. See you again tomorrow.


10 comments:

  1. Wow. The only five surprise toys I've seen were nowhere near this cool! These are almost exactly the same as the Coles Little Shop collectables that one of the Australian supermarkets had as a promotion last year.
    They are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw some of those online. Didn't they do a Vegemite? It's too bad postage is so awful,or I'd trade one of these for a Vegemite. It's the closest thing to Marmite,which we have in our house,since Ken is English.

      Delete
  2. I have heard of Napoleon Dynamite but I don't remember seeing him in anything. He does look cool though.
    I love the mini products. They will look good in the settings you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Napoleon Dynamite was the name of the movie,and the lead character. the actor's name is Jon Heder.

      Delete
  3. WOW what fantastic little items, so cool. These would work perfectly with MSD sized bjds, don't you think? I think it's great that you managed to get your hands on these.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what an MSD sized bjd is Sharon! You'll have to tell me what size that is and I can answer that question. Most of the items are 1/6 scale,and some of them are a bit bigger. Am I close?

      Delete
  4. Awesome minis! I haven't even heard of this line. Do you know which store chains will be carrying them?
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can see,only Walmart sells them in the U.S. There must be somewhere else though.There are online site that sell them, but they charge a lot more. Walmart.com doesn't seem to have them either

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep my eyes open at my local Walmart store.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete
  5. First of all, I sure hope they bought that crew member a new pair of boots! Second of all, I have never seen the movie. My son did and loved it, but for some reason I never have. The mini brands are really cute and how perfect for your dollhouse. It looks like you got very few doubles or even triples.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.