Friday, May 24, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #144: Compo Baby

  Today's doll is this baby. I know nothing about her and she ahs no markings. If anybody recognizes her.please let me know.


I got her at a flea market. You may have seen that post. It's HERE.


She's a cute little girl,but she has seen better days.

She has a sweet,sort of sad face.

She's a composition dolls,and her surface is cracked and flaking.



She has molded detail in her hair,which is painted black.






She has strange little ears.


She measures about 17 inches tall.


She has brown sleep eyes with real lashes.


Her lips are painted a bright red and her cheeks are blushy.



She has stumpy little arms and legs.




Her knees are blushy.


She has a cloth body.
 

There's a crier box in her back.
 


mmmmmmmmmmm

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet little girl. She is lucky you found her. She definitely needs some love.
    Would her knees have been blushy normally or do you think someone who owned her painted that on? I don't know anything about antique dolls so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's original. A lot of old compo dolls,like the dark haired girl in blue checks I posted recently, have blushy knees.

      Delete
  2. I love it when you share composition dolls! This one really is a sweet one, and I love that little blue bicycle dress. Good luck identifying her; I've got one that has a hairline just like yours, and he's unmarked. I never have been able to identify him. Does your baby have a name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put her on a doll IDing Facebook page and nobody has been able to help yet. I always feel I should get rid of compo dolls when I get them, so they can be saved by somebody who knows how or can afford to. This girl definitely needed saving from the dusty,full sun and possible rain of the flea market,but now I can do nothing for her.
      I don't usually name my dolls,but having said that: I have previously posted on my Cabbage Patch named Effie,my Otis O'Brien ventriloquist doll named Messy Talk,my baby dolls named Karen and Ceddie,my 'Mad Bomber' doll called The Janitor,a strange looking guy I named Uncle Volga,and of course, the World family including Tammy! I also have a crazy looking bird puppet named Birdy,that somehow was given the same scratchy voice and Hispanic accent as Rosa on Sesame Street before Rosa even appeared on Sesame Street. I'm thinking of suing...

      Delete
  3. She looks like a lovely little doll, and a lot of character there in that small face. I hope someone can give you some information on her because she looks very old...and well loved!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks sort of sad,but in her condition,I guess you can't blame her!

      Delete
  4. Your baby doll looks like an E.I.Horsman Enchanting Eyes doll from the 1940s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these composition dolls and would like to own one. But since you have to get them repaired (or take out a house loan to find one mint), I will just enjoy the pictures. This is a sweet one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.