Friday, May 31, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 # 151: Patsy Lookalike

  I have heard from several of you about the trials and tribulations of attempting to 'follow'. There have been some suggestions on what the problem might be or how to solve it. Presto suggested,"I wonder if a possible reason for the problem with your contest entrants is that the 'following' profile might be different than the 'commenting' profile?" and " I tried an entry for the heck of it and noticed that my Blogger profile is what pops up when I comment, rather than my gmail account that's associated with following blogs." Rachael said,"If you're viewing the blog on your phone, there should be a link at the bottom of the page that says "View web version" If you click on that, the followers list on the sidebar shows up. But there is an option, when you follow a blog to follow anonymously- if they've clicked that, whether deliberately or not, they won't show up in the followers list." So we'll see what happens with the competition.
  Today we'll look at a doll you got a glimpse of the other day.


She's obviously a knock off of the popular Patsy doll.
 
Her face paint looks a bit cheap.

She's about 12 inches tall.

With no markings.

I'm thinking she's compo,but she's not peeling in the same way as the other compo dolls.

She doesn't have the blushy knees you would expect.
She has some cracks,but it's different.

She has a crack in the top of her poor little head. She has great molded hair though.



She seems to be disintegrating instead.  


Is this composition? Composition is made up of glue and compressed sawdust,etc. But this looks different. Is it just a cheap version of compo?
  If anybody recognizes who she is,let me know.
  That's the doll for today. See you tomorrow for another doll.

10 comments:

  1. Yep, she's definitely compo! She's been very carefully kept, I believe, and thus she doesn't look as bad as some other compo dolls. Can't beat a good Patsy lookalike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks like she could be the sister of the doll I posted about at http://planetofthedolls.blogspot.com/2017/04/doll-day-2017-104-patsy-wanna-be.html That poor girl hasn't been nearly so well kept!

      Delete
  2. Could she possibly be an early hard plastic doll, that has hard plastic disease? Dolls that have that are usually described as disintegrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby, she is in really bad shape. You may not be able to resuscitate her.
    I hope someone will recognize her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her fingers seem to be the worst parts. How do you stop it from spreading though?!

      Delete
  4. Does the doll have an odor? There is something called Smelly Doll Syndrome. Bacteria develops in the doll that eats the plasticizer. From what I understand, you cannot stop it from spreading. It can attack other dolls of the same composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mean Hard Plastic Disease, but that doesn't affect compo dolls. I did a post on Hard Plastic Disease: http://planetofthedolls.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-arranbee-nanette-and-little-bit.html

      Delete
  5. She's cute looking, but it's a shame that the poor thing is disintegrating :(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is cute, but I don't think she's as cute as a Patsy doll. Her mold isn't as crisp. But I guess that's why she's a clone instead of the real thing.

    In case you are wondering, since I commented so much I figured I should update and fill in the rest of my Blogger profile. LOL The doll is a crochet Alice I made for a friend's baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.