Thursday, December 18, 2014

Doll-A-Day 324: Tonner Winter Frost Lee

 Today's doll is another Tonner elf from the Mrs. Claus and Santa's Elves collection. He's Lee from the Winter Frost set.

The Mrs. Claus and Santa's Elves series was offered in  2006. Each of the dolls was a limited edition of 500.

Winter Frost Gala by Tonner.That youthful looking lady is Mrs. Claus? Where are the wire frame glasses and the tray of cookies?
Lee had a female partner named Merry. (Merrily. Get it?)
The girls have interesting hair colours like blue and pink, The guys just have realistic hair.I think I like that better anyway.
I got Lee at the same flea market where I got my other Tonner Elf, Berry. The lady selling them had had the girls earlier in the day, but had sold them before I got there! Good thing for me the buyers of the girls didn't want the boys!




Lee uses the Tiny Betsy McCall body, like the other elves in the series.



The body has jointed knees, and the arms can move away from the body as well as up and down.



The head mold was new for the elves in this series, but was later used for the Tonner Kickits.





Lee's icy blue outfit is beautiful, with lots of detailing.




I wonder if Lee really would wear silver fishnet stockings though.I have a feeling they would be a mite cold for the North Pole.

They look almost exactly the same, so I don't know what the difference is, but Lee looks sweeter to me than Berry.


See you tomorrow for another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.