Saturday, June 1, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #152: Takara Jeff

  I am pooped! Today I not only got up early,after about 3 and a half hours of sleep, and went to a huge church sale and a few yard sales, but when I came home I hung the laundry,chopped branches off some bushes,took a short nap,pulled weeds,swept outside,pulled more weeds,and then pulled more weeds. I'm catching up on all the yard work that got away from me while I was sick all Spring. Then I finally ate,and sorted through a bunch of stuff. I found a bunch of dolls that are on their way out,but before they go I'll photograph them for the blog, and share them with you all. So now I am totally exhausted and my feet hurt.
     Today's doll is this guy.


He's Jeff.


At least, I think he's Jeff.


He's made by Japanese company, Takara.


I'm pretty sure he's Jenny's boyfriend Jeff.


The first Jeff was sold in 1985.


Jenny was Takara's competition for Barbie. In fact,she started out as Takara Barbie.


 

She became Jenny when Takara's licensing with Mattel ran out in 1986. At that point 'Takara Ken' became Jeff. This guy is marked 1985 and 1986. So is he Jeff or Ken?



Jeff is supposed to be 18 years old, and from Los Angeles.



Jeff,or Takara Ken, whichever he is,stands 12 inches tall.


He's a skinny guy,but he does have some muscle to him.


His legs don't bend.


He has one leg that is made slightly bent.

And he has knee caps.


His eyes are brown, (mostly black,really.),with two reflection dots of different colours.

  

Those are some pale pink lips! They're painted very thinly too.



His rooted hair is cut in layers around the sides.
 


The back doesn't just lay flat, and looks realistic.


I was surprised to find this guy at a thrift store. He was naked though, so he's borrowed some vintage Ken pants and shoes, and a shirt from who knows where.


 The pants are a little big.


 I'll have to dig out Emma's Takara dolls so he has somebody to hang out with.
 
  That's it for today. Come back tomorrow for another doll.

7 comments:

  1. I just love him! I have wanted him for a while. I am enjoying him through you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cute little chap! I love his sweet expression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good find. I didn't know Mattel was in Japan but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's everywhere.
    I hope you got some rest. I was tired just reading all of the things you did. Wow, you got a ton of things accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute doll. I think that I will buy one one happy day. I have Jenny and Licca, and is waiting for Licca's bf to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a cutie! I like him :) and you can see he belongs to that family, he's very like the Licca dolls.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Takara dolls, but not better or worse than the Barbie dolls. They have a sweet quality Barbie missing, but variety is great and Barbie doesn't have to look sweet. Some people prefer one or the other, but I actually like the dolls from both companies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.