Sunday, March 5, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #58: Pierrot Perhaps?

   At the doll show Emma spotted this little guy. He was only $1.

Pardon my pruney fingers. I had been washing things before I took these pictures.

He's naked, so it's not positive but I would say he is probably a Pierrot. Spotting his widow's peak, Emma suggested that he could also possibly be a vampire. (That's a joke.)


He's ceramic, and jointed at the shoulders and hips, so he can sit down and raise his arms. He has silver sequins at his joint points.


He's only glazed at the parts that would show if he were clothed, i.e. his head, hands, and feet. I'll make him some clothes. I think even I could make a loose fitting Pierrot outfit. I might even be able to do it without having to sew on separate sleeves.


I thought he might have a maker on his back, but he doesn't. There is a strange shape though.


  He's about 3 and a half inches tall. Speaking of sizes, since I have no where else to show you this, I'll do it here. I also got this tiny backgammon set, which Emma also found. She was on fire that day. (Except for that tub of bum clothing she bought. Sorry Em.) It's eensy. The box is empty, because all the pieces are stuck on the board. But the pieces!


Look how small it is next to a nickle!



And most amazingly of all, every side of those miniscule dice is fully dotted!
 


But you know that stuff's going to have to come unstuck from that board!


  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll see another doll. Don't forget to check out today's other post, the latest installment of The Grand Tour!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.