Sunday, March 12, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #65: Bratz Flashback Minis Plus Totally Tiny

   Today's doll is a bunch. They're Bratz Flashback Minis.


  Have you seen these? I never liked Bratz dolls, but these are pretty cool. They have replicated the old Bratz dolls in mini form, right down to their original packaging! They're perfect little 1/6 scale, or Barbie sized miniatures. I was lucky enough to get the empty display box in a store recently. I say lucky because, as with many of the mini toys and blind bag toys displays, this box has some of the actual toys right on the box. That's them at the top of the picture above. You might want to check stores for the empties, because when the box comes in, it has these toys on it for display. When the box is empty, it's thrown out and a new box, (also complete with example toys), is put in it's place. I assume a lot of them go to employees, but you never know when you're going to be given the empty. Just ask.

  The toys come two to a blind pack, at a price of around $8. (You can still get the advent calendar on Amazon for $22. It includes 25 goodies. But be forewarned.  Five are the mini cosmetics, ten of them are the dolls, and ten are the boxes for the dolls- excuse me, the 'mini replica packages'. So really you're getting 15 things. But $22 is still a better price than for 15 things than the $8 for 2, as long as you get free shipping.) As the display box says, there are 24 to collect. The series includes individual dolls, (including one guy), a doll double pack of twins, a car, a styling head, a motorcycle, and make-up sets. And even more neat, since it's mini: the make-up is real. You can actually use the tiny make-up.

  But anyway, let's look at the stuff I got for free on the display box.


I ripped the display bit out of the display box so I didn't bring the whole thing into Emma's house. We bring enough stuff in here. The picture of the box above is a stock photo. This plastic shell full of toys tears off the box. It contains four toys: three dolls and a car.


The mini packages are replicas of the real thing. 



 The only difference is that the toys are hooked into the display box with plastic flaps that slide into the cardboard backing. (Unfortunately, they are taped on too.) To make them look exactly like the real packaging, those flaps need to be carefully cut off.



But look. They did even bother to make the back of the package too.



The packages are shaped just like the real things too. Some have the rounded edges and some are flat on the sides, depending on how the real thing was. Pretty well done.



And the packages do really open...but it's not easy without tearing them up. I don't think I'll try right now.

  Since I was never into Bratz dolls my favourite thing is the car.



  The other freebies I got on display boxes recently were these Totally Tiny ones.


Dollar Tree has these. This is the display box for the first series blind bags. 


The sample toys displayed on the box are a piece of toast and a pair of eggs, which are one piece. I've gotten two empty display boxes so far, so a couple of dolls can have free breakfast. As you can see there three sets of food, in the blind bags, available. But they really aren't much of a surprise, because it's easy to tell by feel what you're getting. The eggs and toast feel flat.


The taco and churro can be identified by the feel of the churros especially. And the cookie and macarons are the easiest, because those three stuck together macarons are pretty distinctive.


  So there you are. Freebies await you. Go forth and collect them. See you tomorrow for another doll.

4 comments:

  1. Far out! I didn't know they were doing teeny-weeny Bratz like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tam, I ordered the Bratz advent calendar from Amazon, and it was down to $15! Well worth it. The only disadvantage was that the dolls came separately from the packages, and I had to match them up/guess who went where, then wrangle the packages open without tearing them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got quite a deal! i can imagine those packages were hard to get open with total destruction. They looked that way to me. That's why I didn't show the dolls out of the packages. I was going to, but when I tried to open them I thought, "Forget it!"

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.