Thursday, March 16, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #69: Spring Doll Show! The Lone Ranger and more!

  I think it's time I released the post on the doll show I went to at the end of last month. So here is the rain of pictures, Enjoy!

  These kids are cute. The boy is...unusual.


A load of beauties behind a load of bodies.



One you already saw.




These Holly Hobbie dolls are cute. I love that baby.



This lady was very realistic.



Does anybody remember Henry, from the comic strip? He never spoke and he seemed to not even have much of a mouth really, unless you saw him from the side.



Love these.



I spotted this and got a bit teary. I cooked for my kids and made sure they ate healthily, but otherwise it's my motto.



More cute kids.



I like the lady in orange and the pudgy Kewpie type in the sun suit.



 Aw. A pair of Shirley Temples.



Anybody recognize this car? It was made for Hasbro's Jem. This isn't the common version of the Rockin'  Roadster though. This is the Glitter 'n Gold Rockin' Roadster.



I had to take a picture of this classic 'little rich boy' suit!



Buffy had her own case. Who knew?



Another doll you saw featured on the blog recently, Miss Sunbeam.



A beautiful blonde Toni in her original box.


Cute girls.



The Linda Williams doll that was featured recently.





A gorgeous doll in a gorgeous coat, and her friend, who appears to be holding her breath.



Miss Revlon, in a lovely dress.



And we saw Brenda Starr recently too.





A sweet little Betsy McCall.



And a beautiful large Betsy McCall.



This Little Toni reminded me how much I loved the one I posted HERE. And how much I miss her, since someone wanted her, and I let her go.



A very serious lady...in her underwear. 



Pinocchio and a friend, who appears to be tagged 'Horsman Peter Pan'.



This girl reminded me of my long legged, yarn haired, bobble headed girl you saw HERE.



Emma scouted this doll out for me, knowing I would love her. I did. She's a walker doll, by Roddy. She worked perfectly and she has red hair. And if I hadn't already spent a bit of money, and bought two somewhat larger dolls I was taking back to Emma's, where we are living right now, I would have bought her. I thought about it, and decided I had better not. But if I see her at the next show...



I spotted these two having a chat.



Drat! The dealer told me what this doll's name is, and I forgot! She was so sweet, even if she did have a bot of damage to her face.



This doll on the left is tagged as a 1931 Regal Maizie doll. Originally, she came in a sundress and bonnet. I love the suit. The doll on the right is cuter though.




I nearly bought the girl in light blue. I thought she might be an Alice doll. She smelled like she has Hard Plastic Disease though, and it can spread to other dolls. So, sadly, she stayed behind. 

 



This 1940's Little Lady doll by Effanbee was putting on a show.


This doll,in the sailor suit, is the Tonner reproduction of Effanbee's 1936 Gloria Ann doll. She's vinyl. I thought she was cute. The girl in blue and white gingham is a Georgene novelty doll from the 1950's.


You saw this Rosebud doll recently too.




Some beautiful dolls on this table, including Saucy Walker on the back right...and then that grunt faced Baby Dear in the middle!

That doll on the left is beautiful.


I really liked the Chuckles doll, (who you also saw featured on the blog), in the hat, until I saw her price! $425! Who's the mump faced kid in the back?


Thanks to a reader for telling me that the doll in pink is Too Dear, part of the Baby Dear line, by Vogue.


Red haired Snuggles was hiding on the tip shelf, with her original box. She's by Ideal, but she sure looks like a Mattel doll, doesn't she? Look at that face!

 


This crowd looked like they were just hanging out.



This doll is 'Melanie', from "Gone With the Wind".  She was made by Franklin Mint way back in 1987.The dealer was selling her because she bought her to put the dress on another doll, and it didn't fit.



This guy caught my eye, because, you know I like goofy looking things.



Pipe cleaner dolls!




I love puppet and marionettes. These were really great.





This dealer has a great booth. I featured some of her stuff in another doll show post. Here are some Old Cottage dolls from England.




Look at these! I love this lady's stuff! I think we must have similar tastes, but she can stand to sell them!



What a good looking crowd.



I love everything here!



And here's that weird Little Honeymoon I showed you recently. 



I LOVE felt faced dolls!



Baps dolls! There were so many! And there were the animals too! Top right are the Three Little Kittens and their mittens.



Baps Three Bears and Goldielocks!


Baps bunnies! And I think that's Bo Peep. That's probably her sheep, in the first Baps picture.




This witch was fantastic. She's next to Punch. 



there were lots of gorgeous tiny little people.




I saw these kids the last time I saw this dealer. They are wonderful. They're Jammi dolls, by Joanne MacIntyre.




I've shown you some of these in a previous post too. These guys are from a museum I believe.




Pipe cleaner, or 'chenille stem' dolls: bugs, and a 1930's Snow White set.



Her skirt is interesting.



Steiff people.



I'm leaving a blank space for the doll I bought that I'm going to show you soon, when she gets her own day.
This very realistic girl is by Monika Levenig. She was life size.


This piece was really cool! It is very old, 1800's I think, maybe older. The dealer wound it up for me and it works! The cats move and 'play' their instruments, and music plays. They were real hair though. creepy.



And here's THE LONE RANGERRRRR! He's a rare 1938 Lone Ranger doll. And Douglas MacArthur in the background. What struck me though, was the hand drawn weirdie in front.



More adorable littles.



And some beautiful oldies.





This doll was cool. She was made of hand carved wood. She was by Beavercreek. She's fairly large, and she has jointed elbows, knees, and ankles.



This Shirley was complete and mint and in her original box. She was absolutely amazing.



I would have loved to have bought this furniture. It was about 1/6 scale.

 


I love Mary Iacono dolls, but they are way out of my price range.



Apparently it was Howdy Doody time.



I love dolls in glasses, like this little Ginnie.



Aw! Babies!



And a sneaky looking Jiminy Cricket. 


And a peddler doll with tiny stuff!

Pretty bisque dolls.



I was trying to photograph the large Betsy McCall in the back!

 


Look at these beautiful people!


That baby is trying to look like she isn't trying to get a look at them, but you know she's curious. The kid in the background looks like Victor Buono.


 

You know how I love little dollhouse dolls. This set was so perfect. They were from Montgomery Wards, and were originally sold for 5 cents!



That's it for that show. There's another one coming up next month. See you tomorrow for another doll.

5 comments:

  1. Boy, you saw some nifty stuff! Believe it or not, my favorite one was the redhead in the very first picture. Saucy Walker in the yellow dress gets runner-up, 'cause Saucy Walker, that's why. LOL, I don't guess you saw Terri Lee???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! i wondered if anyone would play Spot the Terri Lee! There's one in the back of the 'good looking crowd', about halfway down the page, on the green metal shelves. It's the second picture above Little Honeymoon. I also see that my pictures, which I was having trouble loading last night, screwed up. I'll have to fix that.

      Delete
  2. Still here, been catching up on Black Doll Blog. Had to read her from beginning to end like I did the others. I love your doll show pics because its like I am there. Hoping things are going okay with the cleaning and fixing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mump faced doll is too dear by vogue. She is from around 1963 and was part of the baby dear and baby dear one line designed for vogue by Eloise Wilkin who illustrated the little golden books. All are quite hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll amend the post so everyone knows. I have never heard of her before. I know of Baby Dear, but not Too Dear.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.