Friday, March 3, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #56: My Scene Barbie and Friends

 Today's doll is a group of dolls. They're My Scene dolls.


My Scene dolls were Mattel's attempt to compete with Bratz dolls. You can read my whole rehash of the Barbie/Bratz clash HERE
  My Scene had a version of Barbie. That Barbie was always blonde. There was a blonde My Scene doll that wasn't Barbie too. I can't tell the difference. My kids were never into the My Scene dolls, except Ivy, like me, loves the Fab Faces dolls. (You can see one of ours HERE.) I believe there are three Barbie's in this crowd. The second doll is Madison, I think, and the redhead is Chelsea? Anybody?
   
 

You'll notice that some of them have big feet and some don't. That's because the big feet were merely big shoes. The feet were the standard little Barbie feet. At least, unlike Bratz dolls, if you lost the shoes, the dolls still had feet.


The third and fourth dolls have rooted eyelashes. Some of the My Scene dolls were very pretty, and some weren't as appealing.


  Not all these clothes are My Scene clothes. At least they fit.

A pair and a half of shoes. Typical.

  These ladies came from my house. They were apparently on the attic stairs when the fire occurred. That means they were in the vicinity of the heat and smoke. They were undamaged, but smelled a little smokey when they were brought here. They were in a plastic bag, so that helped, I guess. They and their clothes have been washed, and they have been airing out for a few weeks. They actually aren't bad now. I think a little more airing out and they will be back to normal. They need to go away though, because I don't want them, and Emma doesn't need them in her house. They are in the way. If anybody wants them, you can have them and the clothes and shoes for $40 and shipping costs. Make them go away.
  Those are the dolls for today. I would have posted something else, but everything else needed some kind of prepping, and I'm trying to work on a million things at once. Forgive me.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, when I saw these in stores I knew what Mattel was trying to do! These were fun dolls. Kinda goofy, but fun. I always loved the black-haired girl, Nolee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the blond girls stopped being Barbie halfway into the life of the line. I think she was called Kennedy. I think the way to tell the difference is that one has a lot of makeup and the other has less. I do not know which is which. Either the line got less makeup halfway or they got more ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.