Sunday, March 26, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #79: Ginny, Ginny Little One

   Okay, I could say, Ginny Ginny, dreams are ten a penny, but what I really want to do is sing the Little Richard song Jenny Jenny! (Whooooo!! Jenny Jenny!) But since you can't hear me anyway, (and lucky for you, you can't!), I'll just say that today's doll is Ginny times two: two versions of Vogue's Ginny doll. Neither of them is the original Ginny, which was first produced in 1948. What we have here is a 1970's Ginny, which veered from the familiar face of the Ginny's before her, for a more modern look.




And her friend, a 1980's Ginny, Little One, which returned to the more familiar form.


 


   The ads for the 70's Ginny didn't do her any favours. It's a very unflattering picture.


The 70's Ginny dolls tend to be made of inferior stuff, with their hair often found crispy and thin.


But they do have bendable rubber legs.


And cute little childish pot bellies


Older Ginny dolls sometimes had jointed knees, or a walking feature. Little One just has straight, solid legs.


  They both have sleep eyes.



Sorry about 70's girl's nudity, but she was this way when I got her, and incidentally I have no idea where that was. She's more embarrassed that I have posted her picture with her face this dirty.

How could you?

And as for the nudity, Little One more than makes up for it with this over the top dress!




She's in much nicer condition than 70's girl, although she is missing a shoe, and has a stain on the back of her tights. 


She does have her tag though!

 


    Along with these two there was a packaged Ginny outfit for 70's girl. 


 


 I definitely want to get rid of the dolls, (anybody want them?), but I'm debating on keeping the outfit for Tammy World. It is just the kind of thing she'd wear, and she is here without her wardrobe, after all. I'm just thinking it might be a bit big for her, considering she has appropriated a Hogwarts Heroes  Hermione jointed body.


I know the socks and the shoes would be too big for her.


  I have seen these outfits before, but I didn't realize they have a pattern to make your own Ginny outfit on the back of the package.


You aren't really designing them if you're using their pattern, are you? Surely not.

  Those are today's doll. We might or might not return to a single doll post tomorrow, depending on my mood!

2 comments:

  1. I own a Lesney Ginny too, and I ended up having to cut her hair, it was so nasty. I'm with you; I never have cared much for Ginny dolls; the older ones look too pinched in the face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about pinched. I know this 80's one looks shocked or something!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.