Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #80: Marx Dolly Darling Clone

   Well, that title pretty much says it all! Today's doll is a clone doll, of Hasbro's Dolly Darling dolls.


  I don't know what this doll is called, so if any of you do, please tell me in a comment. She is made by Marx, but bears a great resemblance to the Hasbro Dolly Darling dolls. (You can see my Dolly Darling John dolls HERE and HERE, and my Dolly Darling Honey dolls HERE. You can see another Dolly Darling clone I've had since I was a kid, HERE.


She has similar arms/hands, and a very similar body.


There were some Dolly Darlings with molded painted hair, like this doll has, but the first series had rooted hair.


  One big difference between this doll and the Dolly Darlings, and a difference that allows me to be sure she isn't one, is the poor quality of her face painting.  Marx made a lot of small figures and the larger Johnny West dolls, (Sorry! Action figures!), but they weren't especially picky about their face paint.

She's the same size as a Dolly Darling too, 4 inches tall.

As you can see, her blonde hair has white streaks.

She says 'Marx  Hong Kong', and 1966 in Roman numerals, on her back.


I don't know what they were thinking with her dress! It's a bit revealing.


But she does have a pair of shorts on underneath.


Her socks and shoes are molded and painted on.


  That's today's doll. Tomorrow there will be another one.

3 comments:

  1. She Is cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it be a ballet dress, perchance? I know the shoes aren't right, but as you pointed out Marx didn't give too many effs about paint. She's cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't account for the revealing bust. I think it's just a cheap dress, and they didn't care.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.