Thursday, March 9, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #62: Rosebud Doll

   Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm still deciding what I want to do. I did want to postpone my birthday celebrations until the opening of the King Tut exhibit in Columbus. Then I found out the exhibit is all reproductions. I'll pass. I'd spend $40 to see the real stuff, but not fakes.

  Today's doll is one that the dealer at the doll show didn't know anything about. She was looking for any information, so if you know anything about this doll, please leave a comment, and I'll pass it on to her. Here's the doll.


  The doll was given to the dealer by a friend who grew up in England, from what I understand. She looks like a 1960's doll to me. The dealer did have what she was told was the doll's original box.

'Rosebud The world's most beautiful doll'.

  Rosebud was a company based in England, so, not the name of the doll, but instead, the name of the company. The box looks like the doll could be as far back as the late 50's. I'm still guessing a 1960's doll though. She is about 20 inches tall, give or take a couple of inches. She has rooted hair and sleep eyes. So if you have any idea who this doll is, please let us know.

  That's today's doll. We'll see what tomorrow has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.