Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #81: Mini B

   I'm pretty sure today's doll is a Mini B Barbie doll. Somebody tell me if I'm wrong.


I posted a Mini B before, and this girl seems to be similar enough that I would say she's the same thing. You can see the first one HERE. She's only a couple of inches tall.


She can sit down.


Her lower torso is jointed at the...butt.

 


Her arms are made as part of her torso though, and can't move. 


She can turn her head though.


Her underclothes and blouse are molded on and painted. Her skirt is fabric, and has an attached apron.


She has  a blue streak in her hair.


  The Mini B dolls were first produced in 2009. They aren't made any more, but I'm not sure when the line was discontinued, but they are no longer made.  Not being able to move their arms, or having any other clothes to change into limited their play potential. They are cute little things though, and make good dolls' dolls.

  That's the doll for today. See you again tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. She is cute and reminds me of someone. Either another doll or a person. Can't think of who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She kind of reminds me of the cartoon Jeannie from the opening credits of I Dream of Jeannie.

      Delete
  2. Prior to the Mini Bs (I believe that's correct, tho they're both from the same decade), there was a similar line called Peek a Boo Petites. They look to essentially be the same dolls, and probably just differ in the name on the packaging. I have a Barbie Peek a Boo Petites Goldilocks who came with a little house containing three beds. Yours looks like she could be from a fairly-tale series, as well. I do remember lots of them packaged inside of plastic shells in the shape of flowers and such. Kinda like the Mattel Polly Pockets of that era, not counting the ones who came with those compacts which resembled the old Bluebird-brand sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They do look to have been made from the same molds. I looked, but I still couldn't find this doll. I guess it's still something of a mystery at this point, but that's a start.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.