Sunday, March 19, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #72: Miss Capri

   I happened across today's doll while looking for something else. I want a red haired Vogue Brikette doll, or I'd even settle for a red haired Kaysam-Jolly Toys Jinx doll. (Brikette is too expensive and Jinx looks just like her.) So, every now and then I do a search online for either of them. While doing that a few days ago I came across Miss Capri. Now I want a Miss Capri! She looks very much like Brikette, but has her own personality. In any case, I asked the dealer if I could feature their doll and use their pictures, and they said yes. So here is Miss Capri.


  Miss Capri was made by Reliable, in Canada.

And it says so on the back of her head.

From the 1962 Reliable catalog. She was a killer in her original outfit!

  She was produced around 1962, the same year I was produced. She hasn't started going white haired though. In spite of what my poorly eye sighted sister-in-law thinks, I am. (She asked me, "Do you colour it yourself?" "What?" "Your hair." "Uhh, this is just my hair." I pointed out the white ones but she swore she couldn't see them. She was mock angry: "That's not fair!" I owe it all to my red hair, (Red heads go gray later than other people.), which Miss Capri also has.


  Brikette came with blonde or red hair, or the rare brunette. (I can't say for sure, but Miss Capri looks like she has a more silky hair texture than Brikette.) But one thing all Brikettes and Miss Capri have, is those pointy eyebrows.


They also both have freckles. I think Miss Capri has a slightly more realistic face though, and definitely a more happy smile. From some angles, Brikette, who was famously transformed into 'Talky Tina' on an episode of  'The Twilight Zone', looks a bit fed up.


She also has big blue sleep eyes and blushy cheeks.

  Miss Capri stands 22 inches tall. Brikette came in a couple of sizes, 16 and 22 inches tall. Miss Capri has a feature Brikette has, and that's her bendy, twisty waist. She can also tilt her head.



Her waist joint allows her to turn, and bend, and lean. 


And she holds her pose, due to the weird little nubblies on her torso joint.


  These nubblies resemble the ones on the leg joints of the much smaller Mego dolls.

  Miss Capri as hands very like Brikette's too. They're quite expressive, and nicely detailed, with creases in the palms, the backs of the fingers, and the knuckles. Her feet have toenails, and little toe wrinkles too.


  If you're intrigued by this doll and have to have her, the dealer has her listed on Ebay and Etsy, with the Etsy listing being on sale! (And shipping is listed as free! Even better!) She's cheaper on Etsy. You can find that listing HERE. But if you really have to buy from Ebay, you can find that listing HERE.

  Just so you know, I'm not getting anything from the dealer. It's not like this is sponsored or anything. I just used their pictures and in exchange am providing their auction information. I'm not home, with access to my dolls, and I don't have any place to take interesting pictures of what I do have, so I appreciate being able to use these pictures. I have taken some pictures outside, on Emma's porch, and some around some rocks and bushes near her porch, but there isn't much choice of interesting or picturesque spots for pictures. It's especially bad with the weather being cold and wet, and nothing having sprouted up to green things up yet. Plus, there are a lot of stairs here to get to the outside, and my knees haven't been up to snuff lately. Some of you may remember me taking pictures, in previous years, in what I referred to as 'Emma's grotto'. That was this same house, but a different apartment. That apartment was downstairs. There were no stairs, and a lot of interesting places to take pictures. Somebody else lives down there now, and I don't think they'd appreciate me making their grotto into a photography studio! 

  That's today's doll. I hope you found her as interesting as I did. There'll be another doll tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I do find this one quite interesting! That's a neat doll. Not only does her face have personality, but she also has some unique characteristics to her body mold.

    Hmm. I'm kinda familiar with the Brikette, simply because the impish, smirky smile and arched eyebrows give me a bit of a Peter Pan vibe, which I dig. So yeah, seems like years ago, I too searched for a red-head, tho came up empty, then rather forgot about that quest.

    Best of luck on finding one someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.