Friday, October 4, 2019

Doll-A-DAy 2019 #276: Another Lee Middleton Baby

  Well I tried. I really worked on that vacation post. It's just not going to happen today though, because there are a million pictures.Seriously. That's not far off. So today I am going to post the last of Lori and Norma's dolls. You've seen the other two in the photo below already. Today's girl is the doll on the right.


I saved her for last because she's my favourite. Look at that cute little face!


I thought she looked so much like a real kid,so I wanted to photograph her like a real kid in an old fashioned photo studio shoot.

Like this. I think I was inspired by Lori's baby/toddler studio portraits, and the others from those days,when the photographer put a rug covered plank on your lap and made you look up and away.




 

This doll is another Lee Middleton doll by Reva Schick.




She has blue inset eyes with applied lashes.





She also has a big open mouthed smile.








She's about 20 inches tall.


  And if some of you are wondering why I wasted time I could have been spending with my best friend, who moved so far away,photographing dolls,well,I didn't. The pictures of Lori and Norma's dolls were taken while Lori was taking a shower one night, and one morning after she had gone to work anyway.
  SO that's today's doll. Tomorrow we'll see if I can get that vacation post finished!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Teach, no worries, take your time. We are just happy that we can go to class every day and learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy. I appreciate you so much!

      Delete
  2. I have to agree that this one is quite nice and yes, quite realistic.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like she is just babbling away! I didn't think it took you that much time to take these pictures, so I never questioned why you were wasting time. lol I think its nice to see dolls, I don't mind whose they are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes pictures end up taking a lot of time. But mainly I wouldn't have wanted to take any time away from spending time with Lori, since I get to see her so little now.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.