Monday, October 21, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #294: Caroline Kennedy

  I'm still suffering from some back pain, but it was better today. I'm also still working on Ivy's room makeover. It poured today. Luckily I had just picked up my daily walnut crop just before it happened. During a break in the rain I photographed today's doll. She's this pretty little girl.




She's Caroline Kennedy.




She is Madam Alexander's representation of President Kennedy's daughter.




She was made in 1961.


 


She stands 13 inches tall.


She's all original.


Her dress is sort of a Swiss dot,except they aren't dots. They're more like dashes. (That's not meant as a pun. I didn't think of Morse code until I had written that.)


Her dress buttons on the back.
 

 There are little ribbons on the shoulders and lace trim on the sleeves.
 



She has a white slip and bloomers with stripes and roses.



Her white side snap shoes are faux suede.


She has white socks that are hard to distinguish from the tops of her shoes.


Her blonde hair has gentle curls,

.


She has blue sleep eyes with 'real' lashes.


She's made of a soft vinyl,and is jointed at the neck, shoulders, and hips.



She has chubby, dimpled knees,as a four year old Caroline Kennedy would have had in 1961. 
 
 Her mouth is toothless and pink,with a little tongue showing.
 


  I found this doll in with a bunch of auction buys I was going to sell, but she was so cute I decided to transfer her to my stuff I'm keeping.

  That's today's doll. Come back tomorrow for another one.

12 comments:

  1. Is she actually from 1961?!
    She's SO clean! Especially those little shoes and socks! They're sparkly white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my research showed. It doesn't look like they reproduced her. There are actually some spots on her socks, but yes, she is amazingly clean and nice!

      Delete
  2. This doll is extremely cute, but looks a lot more like a 2 yr old than a 4 yr old I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was made when Caroline was 4, but maybe she's supposed to represent her when she was younger. Maybe not. Doll companies often do that, don't they?

      Delete
  3. Yes, that one's definitely a keeper! She's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's very cute Tam, I like her cheeky little face.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely doll, she's very pretty and in super condition. I love her face, her hair, in fact I think all of her is very nice indeed.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. I love everything about her. She has a sweet face, her hair is just so cute, her clothes are adorable! I think she looks a lot younger than four, but with how nice a doll she is, I will cut her some slack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently let Caroline go. She now lives in Canada with a lady who replaced her childhood doll with this one.

      Delete
    2. Awwww, I like that story. I am glad she found her and you. :)

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.