Sunday, October 20, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #293: Pose Doll

  Today's doll is this simple girl.


She's sort of like the typical Japanese pose doll, but not quite.


She has stockingette 'skin',and a simple face,with felt lashes and lips.


She has a yellow corduroy shirt and a rust coloured corduroy skirt. There's no hair under that hat, but she has red yarn bangs and braids sticking out from under it.




She has felt shoes with flowers that feel almost like paper.


Her neck and arms are wired and posable.



She's about 12 inches tall. Her legs might be posable too, but I've been afraid to try to pose them. I think they might not be posable, and I might break them. So for now,I'm not going to try.


She almost looks homemade, but certain things about her make me think she isn't,like her shoes and the felt eyelashes.
  That's the doll for today. See you again tomorrow for another one.

3 comments:

  1. I wondered as I looked at her if she was home made, she's quite cute in a simple sort of way.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think not homemade because of the wire. I know people can wire their toys, they just don't usually do it. I am not too sure of her apparently closed eyes, but I like the look of her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.