Saturday, October 12, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #285: Bisque Dollhouse Boy

  Today's doll is the other one I got at the doll show last Sunday. He's this poor guy.


He's a dollhouse boy who's seen better days.


This little guy was the grand sum of $1 at the show, because he needs some rehabilitation. He's missing an arm and a leg.



But he has a great face.
 


 And he has black hair, so maybe he's related to Tilly,my other new/old dollhouse doll.


 


   I figured I could make him a new arm and leg out of polymer clay or some of Ivy's clay, since she now has a kiln. (Ivy's quite a potter. She has sold some of her work. You can see her Etsy page HERE.
  He has an usual hat, which is still with him, no doubt, because it's glued to his head in the back.



He might get new clothes with the arm and leg, because his clothes are glued on and might have to be removed to attach the new limbs. I hate to lose the old ones though. But they're on there tightly. Icouldn't even pull his shirt down far enough to make sure he says 'Germany' on his back.

I'm not sure what nationality he is supposed to be, although I'm pretty sure he was made in Germany.
 
  This little guy is about 4 inches tall, so he's a little bigger than Tilly. Must be her older brother.
  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll see the last doll I got on vacation.

3 comments:

  1. WOW he really does have a gorgeous little face, what a great find!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his face! He does somewhat resemble Tilly, but he looks a lot friendlier. I definitely think he's worth trying to save.

    I know this post is old, but I checked out her Etsy and there are a few pieces in it even now. She does gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell Ivy you said that! Thanks! She hasn't made anything for a while because she's rarely here, where her wheel and kiln are.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.