Friday, October 18, 2019

Doll-A-day 2019 #291: Wizard Sweets Harry Potter...in Magical Powers Harry's Clothes!

  I have to say first that today's doll is a screw up. And I would have fixed that but for one thing:pain. I wasn't sure I was even going to get out of bed today. For one thing, I couldn't. When I scooted down in bed to go to sleep last night I felt my back go out. As long as I laid still it didn't hurt too much. Turning over was interesting though. Usually in the morning Ken will get up before me, leaving me to scoot over to the middle where the bed is more level and do what I call 'C shape'. I have a bit of a sway back, and with the weight of Ken in the bed my back has a tendency to bow,let's say, wrong side out, if I sleep on my right side. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I have bowed wrong side out so long that my back is really hurting and the only solution is to lay curved up like a letter C for a while. This morning, however, I couldn't have C shaped if I had wanted to. My hitch that I have in my right lower back was like a sword in the back every time I moved. I had to call Ken to come upstairs and press on my back. I've described this in a recent post. It hurts like crazy in itself,but it relives the pain sometimes. This morning it made me able to move with less pain, but I was still hurting. I eventually had to pick Ken up,which I have also described in a recent post. That at least allowed me to hang the rest of the laundry. I needed to work on Ivy's room, but I decided that working on it today would only make me unable to do that or anything else for a week or two. So I spent most of the day sitting or laying on the couch with an electric blanket warming my back.
  After I finished hanging the laundry though,I did pop out to photograph today's doll,while I was able,before the pain came back. (Which it did.) As I was photographing him I noticed that he's wearing the wrong clothes!
 


The clothes belong to Magical Powers Harry Potter. It's a Quidditch uniform,so it's a little hard to mistake for anything else. 

He's missing the brown shoes, which I also think I have somewhere.
Found them!


The shirt has the Gryffindor crest.
This is Wizard Sweets Harry though!

They're both 8inches tall.
I do have his corduroy trousers,and possibly his red sweater somewhere.


What tipped me off to the fact that this is the wrong doll for the clothes was the gap between Velcro spots in the back of his shirt. That's for the lever that controls his arm.


This doll doesn't have a lever. He's jointed at the neck, shoulders, elbows...

... hips, knees,and ankles...


...and a swiveling twist waist.
 


But no lever in his back.
  The trousers to Wizard Sweets are made of the same corduroy fabric as the cream coloured part of the quidditch uniform.


This doll is a much better likeness of Daniel Radcliff who played Harry, than the Hogwarts Heroes Harry we saw yesterday.


  He has some great detail in his molded hair too.
 

That's today's  doll. Before I go though, I wanted to show you what's going on in my yard. I mentioned the other day that my lilacs are budding again...
 

...and my dogwood tree is in bloom for the second time this year.
 


Today I noticed that my rose bush has broken out in new green leaves.


  It's scares me.
  See you tomorrow for another doll.

4 comments:

  1. My "Wizard Sweets Harry Potter" does not have this head mould, he has an open mouth head mould similar to the closed mouth/first mould. Are you sure he is not the one who own the quidditch outfit after all? That doll looks like he has that mould.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes this one definitely does look like Daniel Radcliff. He also looks a bit more mature than the HP doll you showed in the previous post.
    I wouldn't have even known that the outfit was wrong!! One day I suppose I really should watch these films, if only so that I can recognise the dolls and their outfits properly!!
    PS I hope your back is better by now, there's not much worse than a bad back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUCH better likeness on this doll. But again, covering most of the scar with hair. Harry tried to do that, but you usually saw a good bit of it. I don't think he minded having the wrong clothes.

    I am glad these are old posts in one way, because I read you were in pain and know that was the psst. I know that I will catch up and you will still be in pain now, but for now its old news.

    Our weather is definitely doing weird things, its still doing it in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, today I am almost pain free. I just have a little twinge in my wrist/thumb area, if I move my wrist the wrong way.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.