Saturday, October 19, 2019

Doll-A-DAy 2019 #292: Gryffindor Friends Ron Weasley

  My back was much better today. It's still giving me pain,and I want to be careful and not over work it, but I was actually able to get something done today. I think giving it a rest yesterday was the right decision.
  The dolls I showed you the previous few days are mine. But today's doll is one that was around here from the stuff we used to sell. (I think Emma had at least one from this line though.) He fit the theme we've been on, so I thought I'd show him to you. He's Gryffindor Friends Ron Weasley.



The Gryffindor Friends dolls came with a charm.


This guy is about 12 inches tall.


He was made by Mattel  in 2001, and copyright Warner Brothers,but he's not in the likeness of the movie characters. 


He still looks like the book Ron as far as his clothes. In the books the kids didn't wear school uniforms. They just wore robes over their jeans and shirts. Ron was depicted in a lot of the artwork as wearing a purple shirt, Hermione in a pink shirt,and Harry was depicted in a red and white striped football/soccer shirt.
 
 You'll notice Ron, who was taunted by Malfoy for his 'hand me down robes',has a raggedy bottom on his robes.
 
Don't mind Ron's linty robes. They all wore tennis shoes,or,as they're called in England, trainers.

His robes have a Hogwarts crest.
 

Of course, the Weasley's are known for their red hair.
 

They even gave Ron freckles.


  That's today's doll. Tomorrow we'll see a non-Harry Potter doll.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about this one, but then I am not into soft bodied dolls. I think I like them in their uniforms best. It's funny that you say they didn't wear uniforms in the books, bearing in mind that the majority of schools in the UK wear one sort of uniform or another. I wonder why JK Rowling had them wearing regular clothes? Just curious.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cute doll but I can't see Ron Weasley in them. I guess the movies have tainted me there. Much more huggable though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dolls made before the movies were quite different from the ones that came after. The Ron of the books was tall and skinny and covered with freckles.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.