Monday, October 14, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #287: Quick Curl Francie

  Today's doll is Quick Curl Francie.



She has Quick Curl hair,but I can't see the little copper ,wires that make the hair curl.


Her hair curls when it's bent,but it's so short that it doesn't stay very well.
 


She's had a haircut,so she looks a little different.



Quick Curl Francie was produced in 1973 and 1974,but her head rim is marked 1965, for the original date Francie was made. She has the same face as Baggie Francie.


The face paint for those two dolls was exactly the same. They both had blue eye shadow, three eyelashes painted on the outside edge of both eyes,two white shine dots painted in each eye,and small semi circles painted at the bottoms of both eyes.




When I bought her she was just a head, so  put her on this spare body, which is more like a Baggie Francie's. (And it may be one.)

 


It has soft 'Mexico arms', straight plastic legs,and no twist waist.



 This has prompted Ivy to keep referring to this doll as 'Bag Francie'. For one thing Ivy, she isn't. And for another thing,it's 'Baggie Francie',not 'Bag Francie'.




  That's today's doll. See you again tomorrow for another one.


9 comments:

  1. Better bag Francie than Bag Lady Francie. These dolls have lovely heads and mine has soft arms too, though a twist waist. The dress is an Ugly gold w/ faded dots,w/ black ribbon I have it covered w/ a gold/green cape from the Theater series.No shoes yet. The longer hair is a pain I had to wrap it in pipe cleaners for tight enough curls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Quick Curl Francie. I had the blonde QC Miss America and the blonde QC P.J., but I've never had this Francie. Congrats also on her hair looking nice in spite of the years and the cut someone gave her.

    The Straight leg Francie, Malibu Francie, and Busy Francie also did not rooted eyelashes. Just mentioning that.

    I have "Baggie Francie" only mine is on a Mystery Squad Kenzie body because her original body broke (ugh!). I remember being excited that I had found an elusive brunette fashion doll. That was back in the late 1970s, during the blonde Super Star period. Sigh. Love remembering doll purchases and finds ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I said they were the only two without rooted eyelashes. I know better than that. Thanks.I changed it.

      Delete
  3. What a funny name for a doll, Baggie Francie. What on earth was it that was so 'baggie' on her!!!
    I think this doll has really pretty eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I am glad Sharon asked because I thought that was a silly name for the doll too. Naming her after the container she came in? Did they call this one Box Francie? Anyway, I like her face. I think those bodies are a bit odd. Its like they have NO hips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francie was supposed to be younger than Barbie, I think, so her figure is less developed. And of course, some people, (NOT me!), don't have any hips.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I have too much hip too. lol

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.