Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #295: Project MC2 'Camryn's Robot' Camryn Coyle doll

  I am still having back problems and I'm still working on Ivy's room makeover, The two do not go together well! It does mean that I have come across some interesting dolls of Ivy's that I'll be showing you during her birthday month of November. But for now...
   Today's doll is this pretty girl.

 


She's Project MC2 Camryn Coyle from the set Camryn's Robot.

 

She was made in 2016.


The idea behind the set was to make a wind up robot from household items like a marshmallow or a strawberry! The set originally came with a wind up base and parts to attach to your marshmallow body,including an eye, and a pair of glasses with an attached mustache.


Her outfit consists of a camouflage coat...
 


...with a faux fur collar...



...a denim one piece shorts outfit...




...and patterned leggings.
 


Her lab gloves are molded on. 


She originally came with blue and brown ankle boots and an Elmer Fudd type hat too.
She has interestingly coloured hair. It's a mixture of chocolate brown and sort of a black cherry colour. It makes me think of a chocolate covered cherry.




She has beautiful inset eyes with 'real' lashes.


She's nicely articulated, with jointing at the neck,shoulders,elbows,wrists,hips,and knees.



To see my other posts on my Project MC2 dolls,check out MC2 in the sidebar.
That's today's doll.
 

Tomorrow we'll see another one.

4 comments:

  1. I have a couple of these MC2 dolls that I found at the thrift store. There are times I think these dolls are really pretty, but then other times I think they look quite odd. I think it’s the eyes. They are beautiful inset eyes, but I think they might be too big for the shape and size of the head. It just looks a bit off to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you create a marshmallow robot? Just curious about that.

    I like her outfit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like these dolls and have seen a few for sale in our local Toys R Us, I think they're great for kids wanting a doll that poses better than the stiff legged dolls that are usually available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dolls, but I will probably not end up collecting them. I think I have enough with baby dolls and Barbies. lol They do have cool outfits though, I like all the pieces they come with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.