Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 303: A Couple of Old Couples

  Emma had a successful party tonight. She had plenty of guests, and everyone enjoyed her party food.
 

My Strong Sad meringues were a bit flat, but they tasted good and weren't totally bad as far as likenesses go.

There were some better ones than these. That one in the middle is pretty perfect. Of course, that's why it's broken!
  I'm giving a shout out today to our friend and reader Dorothy, who has had some health problems lately. Dorothy is one of our most frequent commenters,and I hadn't heard from her in a while. I got worried about her. Luckily I had Dorothy's email address,so I sent her an email to make sure she was ok. Dorothy assured me she is on the mend and will be back commenting soon. So get well soon Dorothy! Everybody,send Dorothy your best wishes and help her along,
   Today's dolls are a couple of elderly couples from the sales tub. Here's couple number one.


They're a sweet pair. They're about 18 or 20 inches tall.They have stocking faces and hands.


I think they're faces were done so well,especially their eyes. Their eyes are very realistic,especially for being painted on cloth.
  Now the other pair of oldsters...well, that's another story!

They're a little smaller than the other pair. They are about 16 inches tall.

This pair seems older. Their clothes seem to have been made of vintage fabrics. The man has a wool felt coat,and the lady is wearing a real fur. (Ew.)

Can you see her little teeth?

But what is the deal with those faces? The old man is kind of cute, but the lady is somewhat disturbing.



Their hair is made of cotton I think.


Their 'skin' seems to be something like fabric mache,but unlike fabric mache,it feels soft on the surface.


It's obviously over some kind of form,because there is something under that nose,don't you think?


Look at his little cotton mustache.

  Those are the dolls for today. See you again tomorrow for another one.

4 comments:

  1. the oldsters dolls are all charming, too bad there isn't more w/ them about their makers, I love home crafted Ooak type folk, (my granny did some then my sister and w/ them both passed)seeing them makes me feel like they're family.Thanks for sharing these unique characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that Dorothy wouldn't be around for October, but need to contact her...I am glad to hear that she's on the mend.
    I like the first couple because they are sweet but am intrigued by the second couple...I think they are real little humans having been shrunken down by magic, which is why their 'skin' doesn't look like it fits so well!! I agree though, the woman does look a little erm...scary!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second old man looks awesome. They did a great job with his face paint, but its like they used all their talent on him. I am super impressed with the first couple and their face paint. They were painting on pantyhose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, his wife leaves something to be desired. On the other hand, that first couple! Their eyes especially are great.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.