Friday, November 3, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #297: Fresh Dolls Lynette

   The other day I posted a Fresh Doll named Lexi. I got her at the bin store for $1, which was a super good deal. Then a few days ago I found a bunch of Fresh dolls, from the same series, The Vivid Collection, at Ollie's. I don't know if you have Ollie's where you live, but they are a discount store that is sort of like Odd/Big Lots used to be. They have some pretty good prices on most stuff, and some things I haven't seen before. So this week they had a bunch of their Christmas toys out, and included in that were the Fresh Dolls. I bought two of them, because they were only $4 each. That's a pretty good deal too. We'll look at one of them today, and one tomorrow. I'm getting this posted while waiting for Kate Bush to get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tonight! Yay! I've been a fan since 1978, and I'm proud of her.

  So today's doll is a Fresh Doll named  Lynette.


  

She is fashion doll sized, and about 11 1/2 inches tall.  When I posted the previous Fresh Doll I said that my favourites from the back of the box were the guys, the red head, and the blue haired girl.



Unfortunately Ollie's didn't have any of the guys, or the red head. They did have the blue haired girl, and I found I didn't like her nearly as well as Lynette, and tomorrow's doll. (You'll have to wait to see who that is!) I'm hoping to find the guys at another Ollie's.


  Something I failed to mention when I posted the last Fresh Doll is that the company is 'Women Owned'.


  Lynette has a serious and strong look about her.
 
I'm not sure you'll be able to see it, but she has detail painted in her lips. They aren't just one colour.


She has simple earrings.


And quite a head of hair.


  Her purple hair is pulled up into a simple ponytail on the top of her head, but it makes a great hair style.


I hate people who can just do a ponytail and it looks like a hairdo! I just look like somebody from the dustbowl or something.
  Her hair looks good, but I don't think it could be let down. It's thinly rooted, and I'm guessing there's nothing in the middle. I'm not going to look!
 


  She has some articulation beyond the standard five points. She also has jointed knees and elbows.
 



  Her legs can move out to the sides a bit, but she has trouble sitting flat on her butt when she tried to cross her legs. It's one thing or the other.


She can sit with her knees together as long as she doesn't cross her legs.


  She can cross her legs this much, but not much more.


She can do some lifelike poses. And you might notice that her figure is slightly more full than a standard Barbie, but not as far away from it as Curvy Barbie.



Her hip joints allow her legs to be swiveled up and down, so she can do a one leg down and one leg up pose to make it look like she is standing with one hip higher than the other. I don't know how to explain that. and I swear I took a picture, but where is it?

Her molded underwear as flowers on it.


  Her shoulder has a joint that allows for quite a bit of movement.


  Her elbow joint also swivels. 





  She even has a belly button. Remember when such a fuss was made about Barbie getting a belly button, when other dolls had had them for years?


  Her clothes consist of a midriff turtle neck sweater, and white pants. Both close in the back with Velcro, but the nice kind, that doesn't stick to her hair.


Her pants are a bit stretchy, and are made of a fabric that mimics the look of miniature denim really well, and without being bulky. 


  Her shoes are white heels. I had a hard time telling which one went on which foot.


They have a slit in the back to make them easier to put on, but they don't fall off. I was impressed.


  I really don't need another doll right now. I like this one, but there are others I might like more, so I need to leave space for them. So, after I steal her white jeans, this girl is looking for a new home. More details tomorrow when we see her friend.

6 comments:

  1. She's a gorgeous doll! I miss Ollie's so much (they haven't made it to the west coast yet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to look in their book section too. Their prices are good, so maybe by the time they get to you they won't have changed. I was in Big Lots the other day, and the prices were just like any other store now.

      Delete
  2. LOL, I need to keep my eyes open for these; I love Barbie clones. And congrats on Kate Bush getting into the HOF. Goodness knows how long Moody Blues fans waited, and I think Electric Light Orchestra fans are STILL waiting, unless my memory has failed me (like it often does).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate in the Hall of Fame and a new Beatles song out. This was my week. I looked it up. ELO is already in there. Maybe now that Jann Wenner is ousted from the Hall of Fame board, the Monkees will be able to get in, (Shame that it's after most of them are gone.) They were no more fake than a lot of bands that others wrote the songs for. And the Monkees had some classic songwriters. If groups like ABBA, who were pop, not rock, can get in there, The Monkees definitely deserve a spot.

      Delete
  3. I did not know about her. I always feel like I am in "doll school," in a good way. I learn so much from you.

    I like her, hair and all. We have Ollie's here. I will see what the local store has in stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you feel you're learning. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting boring.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.