Saturday, November 4, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #298: Fresh Dolls Ebony

   Recently we looked at a Fresh Doll named Lexi. Yesterday we looked at another Fresh Doll, Lynette. Today, we're looking at yet another Fresh Doll. This one, also found at Ollie's for $4, is Ebony.



  She's not pictured on the back of the box, at least not in this edition.


Remember when I said I didn't remember seeing the 'women owned' statement on the back of Lexi's box, like these girls have? That's because it was covered by a sticker! In looking at that post again, i can see that one the box!  I wonder what happened?
She has the same articulation as Lynette, with joints at the neck, shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees.


Her legs can go outwards as well as back and forth.

She can cross her feet and sit up straight, as long as she can hang her legs downward.


But like Lynette, she can't sit up straight with her knees  bent on a flat surface.


  And like Lynette, she has quite a head of hair. 


In fact, they both have so much hair that they had trouble posing back to back like this. Their huge hair kept pushing them apart!


Or causing Ebony's head, which was much looser on her neck than Lynette's, to turn away from the camera!


In the end they had to separate...but no hard feelings.


  Although, like Lynette's, I don't think I'd take Ebony's hair down wither, her hair is at east rooted much thicker than Lynette's.
 





It feels a lot more silky too.


I like Lynette, but I prefer the more natural lip and hair colour on Ebony. And she is so pretty.




  I kept thinking she reminded me of somebody. I think I figured it out. She sort of reminds me of actress Merle Oberon.





Lynette just has a harder look about her. I will say one thing in Lynette's favour though: she was much easier to photograph. Ebony's eyes were so shiny that I had trouble getting a picture of them!



 




 One thing I forgot to mention in Lynette's post, was how long and slender their hands are.


  One thing I didn't notice on Lynette, since she had a turtle neck on, was that they have pronounced clavicles.



  You may have noticed that Ebony came with a flaw in her eyebrow.


She also had several hairs caught in her neck joint.




  Ebony has on a nice pair of overalls, or, as Fuzz used to call them, 'hook up pants'. And a plain white shirt just asking to have the Planet of the Dolls logo stenciled on it. Yeah,. I'm stealing those. Dolly World has been wanting a pair of 'hook up pants' to do yard work in.


  


I don't care for Ebony's shoes though. They are very unrealistic looking. Maybe it they hadn't been Barbie pink! They have the Fresh logo on them.



  Remember I said these girls were going to be available for adoption? 


Remember that I stole Lynette's pants and Ebony's shirt and 'hook up pants'? Well how would you like these two bottomless girls for $5 and postage? They are boxless, so they can be mailed in sitting positions for a cheap price. Whatta ya say? I can't donate them because they've been deboxed, so they need to go elsewhere. If you're interested, leave a comment with your contact information.

  That's the doll for today. We'll see some doll tomorrow, although at this point I haven't decided which one. Next week is a busy one, with a trip to see Ivy in Indiana on the agenda. We'll see what I manage next week!

1 comment:

  1. Two cute dollies. They look like they are BFFs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.