Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #306: Fancy Queens

   Ha! Bet you thought I was going to miss another day! Well, fooled you! I wrote this last night. I was just ;ate getting back tonight.

  Today we're looking at another $1 bin store find that's headed for donation. It's Fancy Queens, by Educiro.

It was okay to open the box, because nothing was opened inside
, and the box is reclosable.

When I bought this, I thought it was 4 little dolls. I just grabbed it. A closer look would have told me it was only 2 dolls, but I still would have had no idea what sort they were.


 I assumed they were little figures. 


The bottom of the box shows a selection of dolls.

This is the side of the box.

I was pretty surprised when I opened the box.

They're like Legos!

There's a booklet.


The first few pages show you the dolls you got.





Here's the back of the booklet.


Inside the booklet there are pictures of other sets you can buy.



The one on the left is obviously a "Frozen" rip off.

And then there are pages showing the pieces in the set, and how to put various things together.



The set includes two wigs, a red one...


...and a purple one.


There are more choices of clothes though. There are several upper torsos, for example.


This one has a cute animal on it.

This one, in the bottom right corner, looks a little military-ish. You'll notice there are several hands, but they look to be all the same.

The faces are both the same though.



There are only two. I showed one twice.

And then of course, there are the :ego type pieces for building the accessories.



There are two sets of accessories like hair brushes and 'mirrors'


White boots a plenty, and whatever those orange pieces are. Legs? Or arms?

There's a purse.



  I don't know how well these go together, or hold together, as opposed to real Legos. They may be monsters to get apart. But it's nice to see toys like this being marketed to girls. SO many times people think girls don't want toys like Legos. My girls loved Legos. And building toys are good for kids. They improve all sorts of skills, including hand eye coordination, spatial skills, fine motor skills, and problem solving. Of course, girls can use any Legos or building toys. They don't have to be special 'girls' ones. Still, any helps.

 Those are today's dolls, See you tomorrow,

4 comments:

  1. I freaking LOVED Legos when I was little, so these would've been right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my kids loved Legos. I wasn't even aware of Lego's existence when I was a kid! I never saw any. These girls are very like Legos. I wonder if they have the quality of Legos though.

      Delete
  2. Well that's different. I would have thought also that there were actually dolls in the box. I am not sure I would want to "make" my own doll but I am not a crafter so that's my perspective. You have found a bunch of great dolls for donation. That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're basically like Lego figures, that fit together from several different pieces, like arms, legs, torsos, and heads. Emma had Lego 'dolls', as opposed to the standard Lego mini figures, and Ivy had Polly Pocket dolls that had mix and match body parts, and they really enjoyed that.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.