Monday, November 20, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #311: Erna Meyer Girl

   Before we start, here's an update on my room. I went in there today to retrieve some things and the walls are really sooty. I mean blackened. I licked my finger and ran it lightly down the wall a little way, to see if it might come off. It did, but I'm not sure how clean I'll ever be able to get it. And the whole room is that way. I also found that my Bookworm figure, that you might have seen HERE, is now vacuum sealed in his packaging. He was way into the room, but up fairly high. I tried to see if the Barbie Regal Bed was still intact, but it was too dark to be sure. But it was further into the room, against the back wall, and up almost to the ceiling on top of a bookcase. The heat may have had an ill affect on it. We'll see.

  Today we're going to see another little dollhouse doll I got at the miniature show. She's an Erna Meyer doll.


As I mentioned yesterday, (and previously), dolls are usually cheaper at toy shows, toys are cheaper at doll shows, and miniature shows don't put a lot of value on dolls. Heidi Ott dollhouse dolls seem to maintain some value, and artist's dolls, but second hand dollhouse dolls, to quote Rodney Dangerfield, 'don't get no respect'. Erna Meyer dolls aren't cheap. I got a couple of ladies, and a young man by Erna Meyer at a doll show a while back. (The ladies are still for sale, people!) I got them for a really good price, but I got this little girl for an even better price at the miniature show.


She's about 3 1/2 inches tall.


Erna Meyer dolls are made in Germany. They have wired arms and legs so they are posable.


She has plastic feet and white wrapping that acts as socks.

This girl is a later doll, probably 1980's.



The dolls have stockingette faces and distinctive features. Originally they were hand painted.





  If you haven't had enough Erna Meyer check out the posts on my vintage Erna Meyer Dollhouse Lady and Dollhouse Grama. For information on the history of the Erna Meyer dolls, check out the Dollhouse Lady post.

  Tomorrow we'll see another doll I got at the miniature show.

6 comments:

  1. In the video that I saw, the faces were hand painted, even though three guiding dots were printed first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to maintain the same look, with various artists painting them, I guess.

      Delete
  2. That's a sweet one. Her little pigtails remind me of Olga Korbut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't thought about her for years. You're right.

      Delete
  3. What a cutie! I don't know about Erna Meyer. Several people in my local doll club collect miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've seen my other Erna Meyer doll, haven't you?

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.